Why did the Saints select Antonion Pittman?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by pjnchamps, Apr 29, 2007.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

2. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

doesn't surprise me... I boycott all things FoxSports that aren't NFL broadcasts. Until they put Louisiana on Fox Sports South them and their sponsors get none of my $$ when I can help it. I'm petty like that :thumb:

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

They also picked up Simmons, a LB in free agency. I think with the free agency defensive upgrades the Saints could then go after talent and not just specifics. I like the Meechem pick because after losing Horn and only having Colston, our other receivers might be quick but they dropped an awful lot of balls this year. So giving more power to Brees is a good thing. I still am scratching my head on why we traded up for Pittman though. The Saints said that you can't have enough good running backs.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Pittman is the perfect backup for Deuce. Stecker was a disappointment last year in that role. This guy was going mid to late first round had he stayed for his senior season. This was an absolute steal and the best pick in the draft for the Saints (although I love the Meachem pick).

Alleman will be a pro-bowler sooner than later. Nesbit might not retain his starting job this season.

5. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Sorry, but I disagree. A team should draft based on need and/or the best talent available. What school they go to should not have any bearing on who a team drafts.