Why are people so soft?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by shane0911, Nov 5, 2018.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I guarantee you, you probably would NOT know. Most instances of molestation are by someone the victim knows, usually family or friend. Victims are threatened and shamed in to silence, sometimes for years. For every molester, there is a group of people who say, "There's no way that he...."

Which makes her reaction all the more understandable. Who would ever want to think of THAT as a first "exposure" to a man?
    While I agree that women should be far less trusting, most of us want to be helpful so what appears to be an innocent question for directions, was processed as such. The other suggestion? That works great if you are an 18-year old male.
    Women who are being sexually assaulted don't typically go the laughing route. This story reminds me of a murder that happened out here. A man in a car asked a young girl for directions and when she approached the car, he showed her a gun in his lap and told her to get in or he'd shoot her. She got in. She got raped and murdered.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well, if she would have told her mom then she would have told my wife. That I can guarantee you.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

What % of women have been sexually abused in some form? 99?

I had this same thing happen to a girl I was living with. She called me at work crying and distraught. I thought it was sorta funny actually but it made me think about then huge differences between men and women.

I talked her off the ledge and calmed her down. Was more of a learning experience for me than anything.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Not even then cause that's a BIG "if". Plenty of victims don't tell their moms. And even moms who know can be reluctant to tell ANYONE, because they feel ashamed, embarrassed, and don't want people to ask them why they didn't know or if they could have done anything to prevent it (which by the way, is why some girls don't tell their moms). There is a stigma about that situation and people will treat you differently.
    No idea.

Yes, huge differences. Men always think of themselves as aggressors and defenders. If you are physically threatened, it's not uncommon and usually you can fight back. That's just now how most women go around their life. Women are targeted precisely because they can be overpowered or too trusting.

5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I can tell you that something similar happened to me. I lived out I the piney woods and my stepdad had to bring me to the bus stop every day. He would drop me and head to work. Other kids that lived near the bus stop would come along n a few mins to wait. One day some guy pulls over nd calls me to the car and exposes himself to me. Freaked me out and I started running into the neighborhood the other kids lived in. he drove off. From that point on, my stepdad stayed until the other kids showed up. I am pretty sure my mom brought me to school for the rest of the week because I was pretty freaked out but I didn't get like you are describing your friend's girl. I was also a few years younger.

To be honest I think its probably got a lot to do with how parent coddle their kids these days. They don't experience any kind of adversity and don't know how to handle things when something goes wrong. Not that any child should experience this kind of thing - I am not saying that at all. but the underlying thing is they don't know how to react because they never had anything to react to.

Something else that happened to me was my car broke down about 3 blocks from my dad's shop. Some guy stopped and asked if he could take me somewhere and I said no my dad's shop was around the corner. He then tried to force me in the truck with him and I took off and ran to the shop. Of course, my dad got mad at me for being upset and crying, but that's a whole other story.

6. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Or like vball is saying, she may have had something happen no one knows about

7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

our perspectives are totally different, it's like women live in a different realm than us,.. turns out, girls don't like boobie threads, not even a little bit, hate them actually.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't think girls would like dick threads either. Or they wouldn't admit it.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The girls I know do

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

the ones I know don't

My best friend's wife is over the top weird about him looking at nude pictures,.. she feels like he's cheating on her. According to him, she's installed software on his PC that tracks everything, and sends her alerts about "bad stuff", he's computer dumb so he can't fight it,.. poor sad bastard gave up :cool: now he just sits around watching Barney Fife.