Who's next?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Feb 17, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Thomas had 549 yards on the ground Ingram had 386. Then add another 77 catches for 286 yards for PT. Ingram has never caught 77 balls in his life.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Dude, you're cherry-picking these numbers and not seeing the picture. I'm not going to break down the film for you. If you don't recall, then you just don't recall. Ingram missed a lot of games due to injury, so yeah the total season's numbers are in PT23's favor. Go back and look at the game splits and yards per touch at the RBs in the Saints' offense. This is the same statistics that I looked at to argue that PT23 was one of the better RBs in the NFL time and time again. Ingram is taking the lead and it shows by the seeing the coaches give him more and more of the load.

He has not shown that he was worth the draft pick this far and I doubt he ever will. Perhaps PT23 has an injury this year, but he was not his usual self in the screen game where no one is better in the NFL. Ingram was running over people and hitting the hole with some serious pop since he came back from injury.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

All I'm saying is when he was ineffective running the ball, he caught passes and got yards. Ingram can't catch.

4. MLUTiger

You're saying that he isn't capable of catching a ball or are you saying that he didn't get the same opportunities that Thomas received, because there is a difference. He's definitely not as good as Thomas, but I can count on one hand the number of RBs currently in the NFL who are. It's not really a knock on someone to say they're not as good as the best in the NFL.

Thomas is declining, though. Ingram is not. As the late, great Bill Walsh once said, "It's better to cut someone too early than too late."

I can see Thomas taking a cut, though. He sees value in being on the Saints roster with Payton calling plays and Brees throwing the ball. He could have gone to a team that would have given him 20 carries a game. He chose to sign with the Saints knowing he will never see 1k yards. A guy like that might take a cut to stay.

5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Lets be clear: Mark Ingram sucks. 78 attempts for 386 yards and one TD lol. Pierre Thomas played hurt most of the season. Not to mention that this saints offensive line sucks huge balls. Gonna get Brees killed.

Mark Ingram has stayed hurt his entire 3+ years. Creampuff. Dude's soft. He will never have longevity in football. See Darren McFadden.

Eddie Lacy is a much better gump back than Ingram is, NFL-wise. Sean Payton needs to stick to the no name late round or undrafted diamonds in the rough.

6. MLUTiger

Not really sure to go with this one. A RB that averages 4.9 ypc doesn't suck. An offensive line with two Pro-Bowl Guards and two of the more highly sought after free agents doesn't suck. They didn't play as well as they have in the past last year, but they're a long way from 'suck'.

Your football analysis sucks.

7. b_leblanc

8. MLUTiger

9. b_leblanc

7th if I'm not mistaken. Seems like every time he turned around he was on the ground. How many knockdowns? Batted balls? Sure the guards are good, but the center is suspect, and at least one of the tackles looks like he doesn't know half the playbook. What I'm saying is this O line isn't as good as it has been in recent years. Perhaps Brees has lost a step too. Lot of uncharacteristic play by him this past season.

Oh, and Mark Ingram sucks. Give Cadet the contract and the gump the finger.

10. MLUTiger

No, I said they didn't play as well as they have in the past. You said they sucked. Don't start crawfishing now...