Who's next?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Feb 17, 2014.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I'm with you LaSalle. I disagree with those that say they're going to cut PT. But, he may be a cap casualty if they need the money pay Graham. Most likely, they'll franchise him (Graham) and PT will play one more year as a Saint, then he'll be released next year and the Saints will be able to pay Graham market value. Obviously, that's pure speculation on my part.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I don't disagree, but the Saints have a lot of holes to fill and little cap room to work with. I'm sure cutting PT23 is the last option, but he didn't have a very good season this past year. Ingram on the other hand did.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ingram had like 6 good carries not a good season. PT's season far, far outweighed Ingram's.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree for the most part. The only thing I disagree with is that Ingram had a better season than PT. While it may have been an off year as far as his yards per carry, he was the team's leading rusher and 2nd leading receiver (ahead of Marques Colston). He may indeed be a cap casualty after all, but I hope not. I get that they help promote parity in the league (as well as saving owners millions), but salary caps suck.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I suspect it's about mileage and production trends. Certainly, Ingram had his best season yet, and is young, thus they will feel he has more upside.

6. LaSalleAve

Making Ingram the #2 tailback squeezed between Sproles and Robinson will be a huge mistake. But I guess you are kind of stuck when you take a guy in the 1st round and he turns out to be a bust. He has no hands, no moves, and on his best day may get you 60 yards. Anything more than that would be a fluke and you are more likely to get around 37 yards. That's what you would expect out of an undrafted free agent not a 1st round draft pick.

b_leblanc likes this.
  7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Not saying I don't agree w/you, just guessing what the coaches/GM may be thinking. I will say that MI is only entering his 3rd season, so he's still fresh and does have potential. I know we haven't seen much yet, but, in the second half of this year, he was certainly closer to what we were expecting.

8. MLUTiger

Look again. Ingram had only 3-4 bag games all year. Once he came back, he was rolling. The last six games of the season he looked better than PT23 ever has looked.

9. MLUTiger

You're aware that he ran for 145 yards this season in one game, averaging 10 ypc carry? He finished the season averaging almost 6 ypc a game. In the Saints offense, 60 ypg is the equivalent of 90 ypg in every other offense.

10. LaSalleAve

4th season

You take away that Dallas game and the last Carolina game his best output was 32 yards. Didn't Brees throw for like 400 and the Saints scored 50 in that Dallas game? That game was a complete fluke. Not a fluke that the Saints won, but a fluke that Ingram got 145. Only time will tell and I'll eat my words if I'm wrong but I got a really good feeling I'm gonna be right. He won't amount to shit.