Who whined bout Cole Tracy scholly

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RamahRising, Sep 21, 2018.

1. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

The decision to spend a scholly on a little known FB Div II kicker from a Nowhere College wasn’t well received here ...

How many whiners still think it was a bad decision?

Bueller?

Chipeace and six pack dan like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I wasn’t crazy about it, except that our STs was so bad last year that I wasn’t 100% against it. Seemed like a big investment when you didn’t get a QB or CB.

Glad O fully recognizes the importance of STs and how bad they were last year.

Brian and Chipeace like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

So you are happy with coach O?

Chipeace and six pack dan like this.
  4. lsu-i-like

I’ve got some lingering concerns, but in all I’m pretty happy. I feel like we’ll have a dominant win tonight. If we don’t he’s not on the hot seat but the lingering concerns will emulsify.

Let me say, a loss totally erases AU and puts him back on the hot seat. This is an important season for O, and every game is important to his evolving legacy.

Brian, Chipeace and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

How will your legacy as a fan be judged? Should the coaches at Wisconsin and Fla be on the hotseat? No I am afraid you always be one of those guys who orders chicken than looks at the table next to him and disapointed he didnt order the steak. I read your post over the last 3 games. You are disapointment waiting to happen each quarter of football.

You are a gentleman and a good man but this is just my view of what I have seen from you as a fan.

six pack dan likes this.
  6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

There is just a list of teams amongst the CFB world in which if coaches don’t perform, they’re on the hot seat. LSU is one of those programs. It’s not personal against coach O or LSU although it feels that way as an LSU fan.

If you add to it that a coaching hire wasn’t considered a slam dunk, then that particular coach falls on an accelerated hot seat.

It’s just the nature of the beast. And the people on this board didn’t create those rules. It’s a what have you done for me lately bus and the media is driving it.

7. BP

BP Founding Member

This is the problem with putting too much emphasis on one game. Its a roller coaster depending on that one game.
    Here is what I feel confident about so far:

1. O is a good defensive line coach and an excellent recruiter. This is based on his history and reputation.
    2. The players like him, and he knows how to motivate them. (I don't think I've ever seen an Alabama player hug Sabin the way players reacted to O after the Auburn game.)
    3. O has confidence in his two coordinators and does not interfere much, if any, in their calls. (He has admitted that he was too interfering at Ol' Miss and vowed not to be here. He didn't trust, or perhaps didn't like Canada, and did with him. He likes and trusts E and stays pretty much out of the way.)
    4. He is good at analyzing team needs and recruiting accordingly. Not only the special teams but the heavy emphasis on offensive and defensive linemen. (This is a major reason why the last recruiting class was not as highly ranked. Very few O linemen get highly ranked because it is too difficult and time consuming to adequately rate them.)
    5. This team is very much a work in progress. Inexperience at quarterback and receivers, as well as O line and running backs. They have so far out performed most of our projections. It will be interesting to see how much progress is made through the rest of the year.
    6. Because of the inexperience and other circumstances, it would not be surprising to see one or two big games where the Tigers do not perform as well as they could, although this team does seem to have a blue collar work mentality. Should this occur, there is no reason to panic. The key will be how it responds a la Troy last year.

Brian, LSUTiga, ParadiseiNC and 2 others like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

Let’s see, I don’t pretend to be an expert on WI football, but considering their station and the record he’s put up, I’d say he’s earned himself some time.

Mullen took over for butter-teeth, and his record at MOOU was incredible, so he has a pretty loose leash in my mind.

Eaux isn’t there yet. You can’t erase his history, you can’t put full merit in interim seasons, and last year had enough question marks where I still don’t see him on steady ground. I’m not saying fire the guy (if everything falls apart, which I don’t expect, I might be sharpening my pitchfork), I just think he’s still in the “show me” stage of his career. I supported the hire, but he wasn’t exactly highly sought after.

I love all kinds of food... if prepared right. If somebody has something tasty-looking it might pique my interest, not gonna lie. Isn’t that better than eating goulash every day not knowing prime rib exists?

During games my emotions might be volatile, but I return to “sanity” given 24hrs. This place helps me regain perspective, and even though I don’t always like your style, you are a significant part of that and bring a ton of good points to the discussion. So thanks, you inglorious bastard. GEAUX TIGERS! Hell, I’ll even have a round in Eaux’s honor this evening. Cheers.

Brian, Chipeace, GiantDuckFan and 2 others like this.
  9. lsu-i-like

I think there is a lot of good to say about O, but the scales are pretty evenly balanced. Once he solidifies his status as a legit coach I’ll still hang on every game, but not to the extent I am now. To be fair, some of the unrest I feel lies at the feet of Miles and the Admin. But Eaux has to carry that yoke, which is why he’s making good money.

Brian and LSUTiga like this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That's a pretty broad statement. Loss to Tech or Ole Miss? I'd agree. Ugly loss to Bama or Georgia won't help him. Close but competitve loss to one of those teams? I'd say we really need to see the actual performance before anyone lights up the chair again.