Who thought LSU was in rebuild mode prior to last week?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Would you feel easy if your boy Fleck had gotten the job? Before you answer think back to what happened the last time we hired a mid major flash in the pan.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

You do understand you're comparing a HC with a bcsnc and one who well, was the worst in sec history. Their resumes matter. Ed O's leash is shorter because he has no history of success that shows he can rebuild a team. Which is where we are now. He does have 12 million connected to his leash which could make it more retractable. You know, a retractable leash.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Hope he proves you wrong. I respect the opinion of several of you negatigers and I have my own doubts; not sold on the idea that O is incompetent. O's bad history is mostly distant, so I'm not sure how relevant it is. I have, however, bought into the idea that Miles was stagnating for quite a while.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I feel like Fleck should have been interviewed, but I hardly see how that makes him "my boy." Are you talking about Curley Hallman with your last sentence? Yes, Brett Favre made that incompetent fool look pretty good at Southern Miss, but he was a disaster at LSU.

5. lsu-i-like

I'm not selling O down the river when he faces some adversity. It's too early for that. We're all aware of his Ole Miss days, it doesn't mean Miles hasn't been pooping the bed for a while, with hangover effects likely. At least you weren't defending Miles way too long.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

or you can look at it the other way.

you and others absolutely roasted Les for results that were better than what we’re currently seeing, but not roasting O for producing those results.

StaceyO likes this.
  7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

cant speak for everyone, but i stayed on Miles’ wagon as long as i did not because i thought he was great.

it was because i knew who would be in charge of hiring his replacement. And i had zero faith in Alleva actually landing anyone worth a shit.

every coach he has ever hired (here and at Duke) and been absolute crap.

and just as expected, he shit the bed.

and let’s be truthful here.
    if O’s last name was Smith and he was from Tennessee, no one in this state would have wanted him on a list of Top 50 candidates for this job.

StaceyO likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

O is 4 games in, Miles had a decade. Get out of here with that. Miles was given plenty of time.

9. lsu-i-like

If he was on staff, filled in interim and did a good job, he'd probably be considered. But I take your point.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

i know you’ve been around long enough to remember 2005.
    LOTS of people wanted him gone after the Tennessee game, and still have never forgiven him for that one.*
    That was game 2 of his tenure.

*not saying you were one of those people.

lsu-i-like likes this.