Who takes the reigns?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Still believe those users? I tried telling everyone here that we didn't show half our playbook against McNeese cause we didn't have to. I also said that our defense is as good as Georgia's. I also after last night believe our defense is as good as Bama's.

Don't give up on O and this team.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I stand accused of over rating UCLA. While I still think they are good they shouldn't have beat us.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It was us, not them. Feel pretty good about that, now. That and their grizzled coach had some tricks up his sleeves for our young guys.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

They’re a good team, just not a great team. We absolutely should have beat them. Had we played the way we played yesterday we probably would have.

5. LSU_4_LIFE

I stand by everything I said. He still wasn’t a splash hire. He didn’t bring in Burrow or Brady. He didn’t retain Aranda. He still acts like a buffoon off the field and embarrasses LSU and he still lied to us. He didn’t hire the best coordinators. He hired rookie coordinators.

Had he actually interviewed his DC last season, we may not have ended up 5-5

Had he actually hired an experienced play caller, we may be 3-0

Everything @Brian and I said is accurate and still stands. I am not going to shit on a win, but stop acting like we just took it to an SEC team. I told you I wouldn’t be impressed by this win. I’m pleased with the improvements but we have a long season ahead of us and long way to go to even be relevant (Thanks to Ed O).

Our one loss, just lost to a group of 5 school.

Brian and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

This win doesn’t excuse the need for an in-season about-face 3 games in, nor is it an indication that we can’t still lay an egg.

My greatest fears, however, were that O totally bungled the coordinator hires. I have hope now his hires were good, maybe even great. Hoping the OL change pays dividends as well, the previous guy was around far too long for the results he provided.

I can live with growing pains if we’re growing. I’ve put my pitchfork away for the time being.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

I agree that we’re growing, we’ve gotten better week over week and we’ve had a lot of injuries to overcome. My beef with Coach O started last season when his head blew up and he started taking credit for the success of the people around him. It’s going to take a hell of a lot more than a win over a MAC team to get back in my good graces.

The top 5 talent on LSU’s sideline isn’t that difficult to win with. His OC and DC were handed the keys to Lamborghini’s. But their inexperience calling plays and making in game adjustments will haunt this team in SEC play if we start getting out coached like we were week 1.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. LSU_4_LIFE

Let’s look at our next 5 games:

@ Mississippi State
    vs. Auburn
    @ Kentucky
    vs. Florida
    @ Ole Miss

What’s our record heading into Bama?

9. lsu-i-like

4-1 in that stretch would be acceptable

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

That's very dependent on whether last night was all smoke and mirrors because we were playing inferior talent, though that's semi-debatable since a chunk of CMU's starters are transfers from big-time conferences.

And on an unrelated note, Jim McElwain is so ugly it hurts to look at him. That dude should especially never smile...

Hou-duco, LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.