Who should really be in the BCS Title Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerJag, Dec 27, 2007.

1. buckeye78

buckeye78 Founding Member

After last year's game MNC game, I'll take the flack. I'll be here Jan. 8th, win or lose to take what's coming to us, but i think you've touched on a HUGE motivating factor for the buckeyes...

I wouldn't look too forward to it JohnLSU:yelwink2: Seriously though, the conference championship "rule", was fair enough to keep UM out of a rematch with the buckeyes (which I agree with), no reason to flip flop now and say that GA deserves it over the buckeyes...good enough for the goose

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Clair also had some wise words of common sense that she posted on another thread:

I'm the same way. I always subconsciously make the LSU opponents out to be monsters, probably better than they really are, so it makes us look better in victory.

Lou Holtz was the same way as a coach. I know he is a fool now in his old, senile age, but Lou Holtz was a hell of a ball coach when he was younger. This is from an article USA Today wrote about him after he retired as a NCAA football coach:

[Lou Holtz], the eighth-winningest coach in history ... Never was there a better motivator...in the big games. The constant poor-mouthing of his own team and the grandiose statements about his opponents seemed insincere and frustrated many. ... That is how you ensure your team has that extra emotional edge for the biggest moments. ... [While coaching Notre Dame] Holtz...defeated No. 2 Southern California 27-10 in Los Angeles. He beat the No. 1 team in the country three times...Miami (Fla.) and Florida State fell in South Bend. Colorado went down in the Orange Bowl. There were too many upsets of Michigan to name.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You shouldn't assume. Clair is a he.

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I would never be in favor of a Georgia v. LSU rematch for the NC this year. I was only agreeing with that part of Pharpe's opinion that I highlighted in bold font.

5. buckeye78

buckeye78 Founding Member

I know you weren't...sorry for being unclear...just commenting on Pharpe's assessment..., just quote replied the last post, as that was the bulk of what i wanted to comment on.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Wouldn't be a rematch.

1 person likes this.
  7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yeah, they really should put a "sex" field on the info bar to the left. What about orlandotiger -- he or a she? Thought it was she this whole time, but then I believe I read something where it seemed 'he' was talking about his wife. At first, I also thought lsutiga was a female as well (honestly, lsutiga:cry:).

Regardless, Mr. Clair made an excellent point in that post of his that I posted above, and explained his point very well.

8. LSUTiga

I am.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to lsutiga again."

You have no idea how difficult it was not to respond. :rofl:

10. LSUTiga

Speak for yourself.

Posted 11/27

http://www.tigerforums.com/showthread.php?t=63707