Who should really be in the BCS Title Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerJag, Dec 27, 2007.

1. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

Went down for the count when I read this.:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You weren't alone. :lol:

3. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

Wow, if there was any doubt that a month between games was a long time, this thread puts the nail in the coffin.

1 person likes this.
  4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Kcal, I know you want to try and defame me, which is odd, being that I already apologized to you. Down here in the Deep South, we believe in acting like Southern gentlemen and accepting a sincere apology. Anyway, if you want to try and defame me, at least come up with something reasonable.

Sure, you are pissed at me, so you're going to view my posts as negative as possible. Any objective, third party would realize that many of posts on Buckeye Planet, including the "death threats" post, were clearly designed to be offensive to the Buckeyes. And I like how you are talking about "in context" when you are the one very clearly taking it out of context. Like I showed above, that "death threats" post resulted in two mods immediately trying to jump on my back and trying to put me in my place. How does that "seem to" you like I was "seeking a pat on the head from the mods there?"

And what is all this garbage about me living in Columbus? You apparently were so pissed off at me that you obsessively went to BP and read though a large majority of my posts there (which is kinda psycho). No doubt you saw the numerous posts that only someone in Louisiana could write, including those posts that very directly state that I live in Louisiana.

When I first showed up there on BP, like the other LSU posters there can confirm, my title below my username was "LSU fanatic in Louisiana." The negative treatment from arrogant Buckeyes over there led me to change my title to "Your state nickname is Buckeye, ours is Paradise." Once I did that, a much larger percentage of people started getting pissed at me over there. It all boiled up into a huge confrontation with me, much like with you guys here with me on this thread, which led me to apology to their ringleader, just like I did with you. Unfortunately, you guys (perhaps except BHelms) aren't as classy as the Buckeye gang that jumped me over there. Their ringleader actually accepted my apology, offered an olive branch, and was very honorable about it all. In fact, the ringleader guy (who is like the #5 poster in history on Buckeye Planet) somehow made it to where my rep bar had all these green "good reputation" marks, instead of all the red "bad reputation" marks I had before.

I have to admit, their class was touching. That led me to immediately change my title to "Columbus, OH -- Home of the NFL from 1921 to 1941" or whatever it says. I wanted to let them know that I wasn't a complete ass, and that it wasn't like have zero respect for their team and tradition. How did I come up with that title? I went to Wiki and read about OSU and Columbus and found some nice stuff to write in my title line. Other titles that I plan to use are "Birthplace of the President's Grandfather," "Budweiser has a major brewery located on the north side," "Named for explorer Christopher Columbus," "Dave Thomas opened his first Wendy's here," "Home of the 1972 Miss America," and "Birthplace of Brady Quinn." I also have several titles to use regarding the state of Ohio in general and Ohio State University. However, I am lazy, so I haven't updated my title to any of those new ones yet. It still just says, "Columbus, OH -- Home of the NFL from 1921 to 1941" or whatever.

Anyway, sorry for the offended tone in my letter here, but I can't help but be offended that you continue to call me a liar. To me, that is lower than giving red "bad reputation" marks to people.

Regardless, reading over what you wrote again, your tone isn't that bad, and you did say to me: "you certainly have a place at the table just as the rest of us do." So thanks for that, at least.

5. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

It is true what they say...Wars between brothers are bloodier that wars against anybody else...Just look at the Civil War.:po:

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

No doubt about that.

7. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

There lies your problem. :huh:

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Would ya'll either shutup or change the friggin' thread title????!!!!!:cuss:

It's been hard enough to pull up an interesting looking thread around here lately(or to pull up ANY thread around here lately)...and it sucks to pull one up about FOOTBALL only to find a catty civil war of words going on.:rolleye33:

9. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Personally I think the best (and I mean best not most deserving) two teams would be Georgia vs LSU but that would never happen. At least if we beat the crap out of OSU, than we can make fun of the Big-10 from being week again all next season.

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Right, that's a great point. I wish everybody would at least pretend like the Big Ten, and especially Ohio State, is awesome, just until Jan 7. If we win, then we can all come back here and have fun making fun of Ohio State and the Big Ten all next season. I personally, am looking forward to it :)

P.S. If anybody cares to know what reality is, most people who know more about football than we do agree that, this year, the Big Ten is one of the three best conferences in college football. Everyone agrees the SEC is #1. There is debate between whether the Big 12 or the Big 10 is better. I personally think the Big 10 is better.