Who should really be in the BCS Title Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerJag, Dec 27, 2007.

1. geauxgirl

geauxgirl Founding Member

Well since this is an opinion based fan site, I will give my 2 cents. First, unlike the NFL, in college it doesnt matter who is the "hottest" team in the nation, it matters who handled their "regular" season the best. LSU is the only BCS team that wasn't beaten in a 4 quarter game, and since I am not a fan of too many other teams, then I'd like to see LSU defense v. LSU offense. That way the trip to New Orleans will be a lot more fun and the game will be great to see. Seriously, the parameters that are the BCS gave us this game, a good match up with 2 very talented teams. Each handled their "regular" season well and reached this point. So opinions dont matter, the BCS formula came up with this game. I hope it is as entertaining as UGA HI, but fear it may be more like LSU OK 03. By the way I heard something about Las Vegas Oddsmakers Poll but can't find it on the internet, Does anyone know where to find this thing?

1 person likes this.
  2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

3. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Re: It's being talked about on a few SEC forums...

Whatever. They had their chance to meet up with LSU. I am talking about UGA. Whoops, they didn't take care of business in the SEC East. Oh well, not my problem. It's their problem.

I don't know why this continues to be an issue. It's borderline sour grapes at this point. You didn't win your division, which means you didn't win your conference. Be glad you got to the Sugar Bowl and took home that trophy. What's the ****ing problem? I don't remember us having this problem last year. :huh: Yeah, maybe we could have drawn better than ND in our bowl game, but beyond that, we didn't have this problem, did we? JFC. :po:

4. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Please don't let any facts get in the way of this discussion. ;)

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

The great debate of BCS versus a playoff will continue. All you can do is try to build and "maintain" a Top 10 program and hope the ball bounces the right way for you. That might mean playing the tough games at home, catching someone when they're emotionally drained, playing when someone's star player is injured, being fortunate when the weather plays to your strengths, etc, etc, etc.....

There's not much difference this year between LSU, OSU, Oklahoma, Georgia, USC, and a few other teams. Although each team will state their case (and they should), it's hard to argue with this year's matchup.

We could've argued we were the best team at the end of last season. Barring the biennial screw over in Auburn, AL, we would've had a rematch against Florida for the SEC. If we avoid the five turnovers we had against Florida, maybe we play OSU for the title. Who knows? As Jim Mora said..."coulda, woulda, shoulda".

The top teams have only lost a handful of games the last few years. A few plays can change the entire season as was definitely evident this season.

You don't get many opportunities to win it all so I hope LSU is ready. I'm sure last year's loss is still fresh in the collective memory of the Ohio State players and coaches. It should be a good one.

1 person likes this.
  6. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Richt is trying to set up a NC run for next year, but he is coming off as a whiny little bitch. I would have loved to see a Illini v. Hawaii BCS bowl and a Georgia v USC BCS bowl. Would have been much better matchups.

1 person likes this.
  7. geauxgirl

geauxgirl Founding Member

The only reason I did not want to see UGA USC bowl game is the chance that the game is a big win for one team (2 td's or more) and LSU/OSU playing a close or ugly game and the AP deciding to "crown" one of them as the Nat'l champs. It just irks the crap out of me that USC is considered such a dynasty with ONE nat'l championship.

1 person likes this.