Who should really be in the BCS Title Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerJag, Dec 27, 2007.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I would not want to face Georgia. I thought they were the best team in the SEC coming into this season. I couldn't believe they got upset by Spurrier's South Carolina 12-16 in Georgia's second game of the season (Georgia had 341 yards, the Gamecocks had 314). Tennessee beating Georgia wasn't that surprising, being that Tennessee has a very stacked team this year as well, but I was shocked that Tennessee beat them so bad (35 to 14,Tenn had 411 yards, GA had 243). But yea, then Georgia beat Florida 42-30 and then came out in the black jerseys for "the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry" against Auburn, and beat them down 45-20.

Hawaii is going to get squashed (unless Richt is unable to keep his team from getting way too overconfident).

2. buckeye78

buckeye78 Founding Member

"rule", note the punctuation, was meant to imply that it wasn't, in fact, a technical rule. Though your opinion is definitely valid, I would be curious if it would actually be the case...Georgia isn't as celebrated this year as LSU, and the line was around 4.5 I think?, last time I checked. Not sure they match up as well with the buckeyes as LSU does.

3. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

I guess only you and Ugh-A fans thought that way coming into this season. I had at least 4 teams ahead of them in the SEC...LSU, Florida, UT and Arky.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

That wasn't a "dickhead" statement. I just think with people questioning your fanhood, you should at least come with accurate statements.

But since you didn't, and then called me a "dickhead"...I'm gonna ask you to surrender your LSU Fan Card...turn it in immediately by sending it to the forum secretary...her name is LSUTiga.:thumb:

Oh, and quit badmouthing USCVBall...he'll kick your tail, bro.:eek:

2 people like this.
  5. cristof11

You're either with us or against us, there are no grey areas:lol:

1 person likes this.
  6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

that's good stuff.....:wave:

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yes, getting upset with being accused of not being a Tiger fan, means that I'm not a Tiger fan. That makes sense. As for USCVball, I honestly don't understand why you and a few others find "her" so intimidating. And yes, for those who don't know, Fishhead is not lying -- "she" is actually a he. Thanks for pointing that out, because nobody would realize that based on the way "she" set up "her" profile on here, that "she" is actually a man.

Anyway, back to the topic of the thread, which is an important topic. This thread is discussing an article by an LSU "fan" that is trying to discredit LSU's game on the 7th by claiming that OSU sucks, and that Oklahoma is clearly much better (just like USC was much better than Oklahoma in 2003). In other words, this article is trying to claim that LSU will not be the true national champs because we didn't play Oklahoma in the post season. It will be 2003 all over again.

Both I and Fishhead realized this. On this thread, Fishhead wrote that:

I came on here, took Fishhead's side, and started bashing Oklahoma, and proved that LSU and Ohio State are truly the only two teams that should be in the championship game (see my posts on this thread -- especially posts #28, #35, and #38). Read those and you will understand that this LSU vs. Ohio State match-up is legit. There will be no undisputed title this year. The winner of this game takes all.

However, in making my pro-LSU point, I was very rude to a Florida fan. So Kcal shows up all pissed off at me, accusing me of not being an LSU fan (when he was really just pissed at how rude I get in my posts on here on TF).

Two things that Kcal makes a big deal about was how I believe that this LSU team we have isn't any more talented than any team we've had since 2000 and how I believe that LSU's team this year is one of the most hyped teams in college football.

We are one of the most hyped teams in college football. We were ranked #2 at the beginning of the season, and the entire year, we were considered to be the most talented team in the country other than USC. Who actually thinks that we are the most talented team in the country besides USC?

Not even Kcal thinks that:

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Brett needs to add an emoticon for a yawn.

1 person likes this.
  9. cristof11

:hihi:

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You are one lil whiny bitch.