Who should really be in the BCS Title Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerJag, Dec 27, 2007.

1. buckeye78

buckeye78 Founding Member

Though a Michigan embarrassment would certainly be damaging, tOSU dominated them this year...the score didn't really reflect it (I know we've both had wins like that this year)

I agree that USC was protected from GA...No doubt in my mind GA wins that game, as I'm surprised to see everyone in the media jumping back on the USC bandwagon after beating a UCLA team that lost to ND and was jekyll and hyde all year. IMO, Illinois may not win, but I expect them to give the Trojans all they can handle.

2. VABuckeye

VABuckeye Founding Member

It shouldn't confirm anything. The only thing that will confirm anything is what happens on 1/7/08. Any other games are irrelevant to the discussion. There's really nothing to read into how a team performs against a different team on a different day. Particularly if you're using it as a gauge of Ohio State as the weather conditions on that day in Michigan were abysmal. All you learned is that Ohio State could run the ball and hold onto it in those conditions and Michigan could not generate any offense.

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Um, VaBuckeye, you do remember that on 12/11/07, you wrote this to me:

But yes, I understand that the tone of my posts does get way too offensive at times. I've been pissing a lot of people off both here and at Buckeye Planet for the abusive tone I take with people. When I wrote that I am a "nice guy" what I was trying to say was that if this was real life, you'd very rarely see me coming across like an ******* (and I would like to hang out with you people in real life). Yet, I do have a problem when I get behind a computer. When I stare at a computer screen, I do get very impersonal and cold to people. I need to work on that.

(Note: It was VABuckeye's opinion that I felt that "the Big Ten matches up nicely with the SEC this decade," so in my reply to him I clarified to him that I felt the SEC was better. And I posted many other facts later in that same thread supporting my view. Also, go to the parallel thread discussing the same issues on Buckeye Planet, and you will see that I made the same argument at both threads. You can see the Buckeye Planet thread here: Some BCS facts for your SEC friends)

4. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I don't know who said it but by the way michigan plays in orlando for their bowl game.

Capitol one bowl is all ours, not tampa's!

5. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

My bad... and especially since I don't think that Tennessee will show up for their bowl game again.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Total crapola. USC would have LOVED to play Georgia. How does Illinois help in any way? They are a lower ranked team with not much respect from anyone right now. If USC wins, big deal. If we lose, :eek: . Either way, it does nothing to help our final ranking or our positioning for next season.

Do you honestly believe that Sugar Bowl officials or Mike Slive would have given Georgia to the RB especially with Hawaii as the other opponent? They want to sell tickets and they want people to spend money in the city. Giving Georgia up to a Western opponent wasn't going to do that. RB officials should have at least made the call but that game was never going to happen and it has nothing to do with protecting USC.

USC is going to give the Buckeyes all they can handle next season. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  7. VABuckeye

VABuckeye Founding Member

And I think the Buckeyes will be happy to give the Trojans all they can handle as well. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. waliwiz

waliwiz Freshman

Under the system the two teams that should be in the NC game are in it.
    Anyone else could have if they had played their way into it and the fact that they didn't keeps them out. All the talk is bluster and speculation.
    Hi JohnLSU, so this is where you hang out.

9. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

ESPN has already started the USC love fest. (AKA: positioning for 2008)
    Its all about putting USC back into the spotlight for the start of the 2008 season.

If Georgia were to smack down USC in LA, the PAC-1 pre-season house of cards would come tumbling down and it would carry over way into 2008.

10. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

First, here is no such thing as a championship "rule."

Second, I was saying that GA-LSU were the two best teams IMHO. That has nothing to do with who "deserves" anything, just who I think the best teams are. i.e...if Georgia played OSU on a neutral field who would be the favorite?

1 person likes this.