who runs this place now?

Discussion in 'New Member & Help Forum' started by TerryP, Oct 27, 2015.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

heard @BRETT is out

ui could be much better in a matter of minutes

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Brett still owns/runs it. Recently came in to do some upgrade.

3. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

WTF?

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

What I was told when I asked a few months ago ... had something to do with some investors coming in? I don't recall the exact story and have deleted it out of my messages.

Will you turn on the multi-quote option? ACP>Options>Messages>Enable Multi-quote

It's a great feature and really good when you want to reply to more than one poster within a thread. Kier has two video's up on the "Have you seen" forum on xF. For a simply click, it adds some great options.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-4-improvements-to-replying.79243/

They added this feature with 1.4.X ... I'm running 1.5 right now and it's got some great additions as well.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Oh, is that what it's for?

Brett, please don't turn off all of Terry's features.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Unless you make time to follow the xF site and their upgrades and releases chances are board owners don't know about what they are adding or improving. @BRETT may have not known it was available with just a click.

When we get those five and six page threads running and you see a comment on page one, and then see a comment on page three, and you want to comment on both ... perfect system. The point you can "multi-quote" on one thread and then actually quote it in another thread has been very useful.

Hell, now that I think about this ... this spring marked the end of year one using this software. And, I'm still building things and finding new options within the core.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's easy to do anyway. Just click REPLY in several posts and it drops each of them into the reply box.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That's still a lot of extra work that's unnecessary. IE: If you hit reply on a longer post and the portion you want to highlight/comment on is at the bottom it won't show up in the quote box ... people would have to expand the box to read the highlighted content OR the responding member has to edit out the extraneous stuff.

With multi-quote enabled you get the option to highlight a sentence in one post and hit multi-quote. Do it again and hit multi-quote ... it only quotes those sentences.

Look at this thread. Third post in the thread ... or, watch that video I linked earlier.

I'm telling you red, it makes the UI here A LOT easier and saves a lot of space within threads as well ...

JMO

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

a lot easier. plus i dont think you can multiquote -the way it is now- if they are on different pages.