Who runs the defense in the championship game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 2, 2007.

1. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I am with you on this one. As I don't blame him for leaving for a head coach job, I am still pissed about the timing. I know everybody says he didn't leak it but I don't care if Santa himself leaked it, Pelini should have not been that close to signing a contract (or had signed a contract) before OUR SEC championship game. But that is just me.

On the other hand do we want a guy that is already thinking about his new and exciting job on our side lines for the NATIONAL CHAMIONSHIP game? I don't know the answer to this question, I guess I will trust what Miles and Skip do and go with that. Its worked pretty well for me this season so far!:grin:

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I wonder if this was mostly an emotional decision or a rational/business decision?

In other words, is it loyalty (Miles to Bo; Bo to Miles and LSU) and the desire from Bo's standpoint to be on the sideline when the Tigers get the crystal football?

Or, is Bo simply the only coach we should ever accept in this game? Is he so critical to the defensive schemes that Miles is afraid the D won't perform without Bo's play calling?

Some of you seem to be close to these kinds of inner sanctum conversations...which is it?

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

It's simply too late to replace Pelini with another DC for this game. This is not the time to bring in someone not knowing our personnel and defensive schemes. And you certainly couldn't change our system right now.

The only other option is to use Pelini's system without Pelini here.

4. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

"Can't be in 2 places at one time!" I would think that Coach Osbourne is going to make an issue of it, and so would I if I had hired CBP.

I expect LSU to find a new D-Coordinator and Pelini to go to Nebraska. He needs to go.

:geaux:
    :crystal:

5. TigerWins

You really think we can install a new defense before the NC game? That sounds impossible to me.

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Did Miles NOT tell Jordy this morning in front of the LSU nation that Bo was coaching for the BCS CG? I didn't hear it, but this thread has posts saying that it happened. If so, I'd take the Hat at his word.

7. TigerWins

I didn't hear it, but the article I linked in this thread quoted Miles saying he wants Bo to coach and Bo was quoted saying the same thing. The one missing part is if Nebraska agreed to it.

Guess we'll find out in a few days.

8. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

from a players stand point i think him coaching in the bowl game would mean something to the kids he will be recruiting, he started something with these players and has a chance to finish, i think that would mean more to the nebraska recruits than him leaving now. with the injuries in the defense i'm not sure where some of you feel he didn't have a good game plan, sometimes you have to protect players who aren't at 100%.

9. NJtiger

NJtiger Founding Member

I have finally figured out what is going on. I totally disagree with having Pelini coach the defense in the NC game BUT I think Miles is in a tough situation because at least one of the people he wants to consider as replacement DCs is being looked at for a HC job. That means he would have to be without a DC in the NC. I assume he has let Bo make the decision and Bo says he can do it. Now we just have to talk him into blitzing the tOSU QB.:crystal:

10. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I don't like it. If I'm not mistaken, the record of coaches that hung around to coach a bowl game before leaving for a new job isn't very good. Didn't Richt and Pelini both get blown out when they hung around longer to coach the final bowl game as "co-coordinators?"

Their hearts are in two places.