Who runs the defense in the championship game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 2, 2007.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I have to assume Pelini will not be in a coaching capacity at LSU after this coming week.

That would probably mean our DLine coach, Earl Lane (who was the Defensive Coordinator at South Florida) would run the defense.

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I believe the scenario is the same regardless as there should be the same question leading into the Sugar. I think he goes and Earl will do fine. Bo calling the plays in either game does nothing for his new assignment and a loss in either for LSU has no impact on him and only LSU. His priorities are officially in his way and that of the Tigers. Earl will do a fine job.

:geaux:

3. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

There could be some evidence to point to the fact that we may not have Bo if we get into the NC.

I think someone posted that they saw him tear up after the game.

I don't know if he would have done that unless he knew this was his last game coaching at LSU.

4. lsuownz

lsuownz Founding Member

what he said.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

pelini's a gone pecan. to do his new job justice, he has to go as soon as it is official. he has recruiting to think about. besides, if his head is already at nebraska, will he (even if unintentional) give 100% to coaching an lsu d? i don't think so. we need someone who will give it their all.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

No way Pelini coaches the Sugar or NC game if he is hired by Nebraska. They will demand, and rightfully so, that he starts working and recruiting for them ASAP. They have much work to do and LSU is the last thing on their minds.

7. P&G Fan

P&G Fan GEAUX TIGERS!!

Why would Tom Osbourne care what happens to LSU? He wants to get his new HC through the door and start turning around the program. It's up to Bo to say he wants to finish the job he's started, SECCG and a NT would look outstanding on a resume especially if he can't turn around the NEB program and has to look for another job years down the road. One of the other defensive coaches would step in probably recommended by Bo if he doesn't stay.

8. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

I think Miles teared up too when he hugged Hester, so that may not be an indicator that he's leaving.

But, if Pelini is leaving, he should go immediately, and not hang around until January 7th (or January 1st if we wind up in the Sugar Bowl).

9. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

It would be nice to have Bo help his staff game plan some for OSU, but no way he is on the sideline for the game.

Will Miles send Bo a ring when we win?

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Remember Tom named himself as the interim HC until a successor to Callahan is named and in place.

The question remains as to whether Dr. Tom is prepared to wait until after the BCSCG assuming we are in it. Personally, I would think not.