Who is tired of the Refs at Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RamahRising, Sep 15, 2018.

1. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

A win is a win and we Party tonight ...

I believe we could have blasted AU away in first half were it not for a great EQUALIZER that MAGICALLY SEEMS TO POP UP in these games ...

Surely the SEC doors can be beaten down over several of these STINKING CALLS ...

Just sayin’ that some of these refs need to geaux

CalcoTiger likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It was indeed terrible but give them credit for getting those defensive penalties correct on auburn correct on that last drive.

The fumble was the worst. I still don't get how that wasn't reviewed.

TheRealist, LSU_4_LIFE and CalcoTiger like this.
  3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

We got a PI call late in the game that was questionable. I’m not second guessing the refs at this point. That always seems juvenile and sour grapes to me anyway.

GiantDuckFan, LSU_4_LIFE and el005639 like this.
  4. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

When it comes to Refs one should always remember we are dealing with human beings and they some times make mistakes, except of course, when we play Bama and the fuckers in Birmingham have the fix in.

LSU_4_LIFE and Winston1 like this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

We got two PIs on the final drive. I thought the first one - the one in the middle of the field - should have been a holding rather than PI because it looked like he grabbed the WR before the ball was thrown. The second one - when Jefferson was interfered with on the sidelines - was a good call. The DB hooked him with the off hand while he played the ball with the other. That gets called most of the time.

LSU_4_LIFE, CalcoTiger and Winston1 like this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yes, it sucks that the refs always seem to have a huge part in the discussion any time we play a team from that state. But at least we're talking about how they impacted us in a win, rather than a loss.

edit: make that, any time we play Auburn or Alabama. Anyone notice that Troy won at Nebraska today?

didit likes this.
  7. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I think the 4th qtr in a close game they have to call it as close as they can due to the scrutiny.

Every one of the calls at the end had to be called. I agree the first interference should have been holding automatic first down.

Early in the game some very questionable officiating and they were allowed to maul our receivers all day.

LSU did make penalty mistakes on their own too.

Auburn didn't lose that game on officiating but our defense and offense stepped up at the critical point and theirs didn't.

GiantDuckFan and el005639 like this.
  8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Both teams had 9 penalties called on them in the game.
    Most knowledgeable football fans would call that a non issue. Some people that post on this board don't come anywhere close to meeting the definition of knowledgeable.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. Troy Warner

Troy Warner Freshman

It just seems that the refs know how much they fucked up and try to even it out by the end of the game.