Who is the Linebackers coach at LSU? (2020 season)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Nov 2, 2020.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Not complaining. Who is taking up space on his staff, that is preventing a hire? I really want to know.

How the fuck do you get caught flat-footed with no LB'er coach?

unclenick, Perple and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Why didn’t he reallocate or get rid of staff then? Or did he? LBs have been ass.

TigerTap likes this.
  3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

When Dave left, he lost both the LB coach and the D Coordinator. That’s the simple answer. He made the right choice of getting a defensive coordinator with the one spot he had left. When Busch’s contract runs out, he’ll probably go, and he’ll get a LB coach unless Pelini is comfortable handling both.

4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

You’d need to buy one of them out. So who would you have liked to fire from last years championship staff with the level of turnover that we already had? Maybe Busch, but probably better to keep him for the time being and replace over time (like how Dennis Johnson moved on).

5. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

We ALL know Aranda coached LBers.

Like I said, very poor managent / poor planning for 2020. $9 Million dollar management. Don't know where the admins would get the $ for a LBer coach.
    :rolleyes:

unclenick and Perple like this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Bush seems to be the outlier. If I remember right, Aranda was the one who really wanted him, and I think everyone believed he would bring him to Baylor. Surely don't know why we needed a co-secondary coach; we seemed to hit the golden age of DBU with Raymond alone.

But honestly, I don't know. If this were a face-to-face conversation, I'd be talking to hear myself talk right now. The big thing I notice from our LB's right now is they seem to have one assignment. Regardless of the situation, their job is to shoot the gaps and get into the backfield as quickly as possible. Great if they happen to be in the right gap, but on most plays they are comically out of position. After 5 weeks of the same thing, that kind of problem is on the coaches.

Bengal B and TigerTap like this.
  7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Where is the lack of planning? He should’ve foreseen that he would produce the greatest team of all time and thereby lose his Defensive Coordinator to another program? That’s pretty farfetched.

8. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Have any of you listened to Brandon Taylor’s comments post game Saturday? He tells it like it is. That the way Coach O runs this program our players are soft. I know Coach O has this philosophy of shortening up practices and taking it easier on game week preparation, etc.

I agree with him and it’s easy to see, this team is soft as hell. I encourage you guys to go listen to it from the mouth of a former player and how LSU has changed culturally and we’re much softer than we’ve ever been.

TigerTap likes this.
  9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Were they soft last year? I don't think so.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Do you have a link? I don't know where he made these comments, but would like to hear them.