Who has the best burger?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by TheDude, Apr 18, 2007.

?

WHo has the best out of these corporate beasts?

1. In & Out Burger

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. Whataburger

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. Wendy's

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Burger King

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  5. Jack in the Box

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  6. McDonalds

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

:sob: They don't have Sonics in Miami!!:cry: I guess Cubans don't like fresh buns or crushed ice!!

2. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

What is the deal with In and Out burger? I only know about it because of the Big Lebowski (maybe we will get one in North Houston off of Camrose) Are their burgers really that awesome? Becks Prime will have to do until we get one in H-town.

Fast Track! The Highland and Lee location is now a CVS pharmacy. The actual building stood tall for awhile as a Bailey's Chicken Fingers- it eventually folded because of Canes. The Perkins and Siegen location has been leveled.:cry: They had the best fries! I used to get their chef salad because I thought it was so fancy- you got cut up turkey and ham with croutons and boiled eggs. As an 8 year old I thought I was pretty tough stuff.
    It's been so long since I've eaten a fast food burger...I hear Whataburger is pretty good. They make them to order which is nice.

The best burgers ever are at Judice Inn in Lafayette. It's not fast food and they have been in business forever. I'll even deal with the fact that they are Ooh-La-La fans to have a cheeseburger, craw tators, and a bottle coke.

3. orlandotiger

My childhood burger memory is eating at Dearman's in Bocage Villiage. Do they still serve food there? Haven't been since I was little! If they do I might go next weekend for old time sake!!!

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

crushed ice should be an absolute necessity. sonic has good stuff, whataburgers are decent. burger king could be 100% better if their food wasnt stale, fries werent cold and the collective give a shiit quotient of its coworkers wasnt in the negative range.

if govt wants to be useful they should mandate this crushed ice thing at least in the south.

5. LSUgirlinTx

It's still there, but the name has changed. I've heard it's still the same food. Best Ice Cream Sodas at Dearman's.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

It was Billy B's, but they've been closed since October. It's going to open again in June under new management. From what I hear, the new owners have hired the 2 longtime cooks and plan on keeping the same menu.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

another reason to call that place a hell hole!

everything sonic does is great. they would win a cheese coney category by a landslide!

i refuse to buy refridgerators without a crushed ice option. and even tho i make cherry cokes at home, they still cant compare to sonic.

if i make it through the day without a trip to sonic now it will be a miracle!

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I thought Bailey's was far better but they couldnt survive against that competition. It probably didnt help that my friend's brother worked there. If anyone drove up for late night, he would accept weed for payment. You pack the bowl and they filled up two bags full on tenders, fries, and toast that would take about a week to eat. That has to be bad for business.:hihi:

9. orlandotiger

You know there are some of us that can keep ANY food thread going forever!!!:wink: :hihi:

10. LSUgirlinTx

Our connection was at the original Canes (Highland by the Chimes)- all you had to do was go to the counter and order a Soux City Sasparilla- again, with the Big Lebowski! It never ends!- He loaded us up with bags and bags of chicken, toast and sauce. He was later promoted to manager, but then fired when he had to bail from work for selling weed through the drive thru.

What is it with weed and chicken finger joints?

Canes donated tons of sauce to the LSUAA crawfish boil this weekend (in Houston). My husband and our friends just loved it, but I'm a purist- I dip no crawfish. It was good with the potatoes.