Who are YOU Voting for?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Ch0sn0ne, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I don't understand this statement. I'm am calling myself ignorant here.

Why do you think this?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sign over all your assets to me and I'll fill out the applications for you.

3. red55

A Republican Congress for 14 of the last 16 years plus a Republican President for the last 8 . . . and Barrack Obama's party is responsible? Homey don't play that.

National Health Insurance will replace existing socialized medicine (state charity hospitals in Louisiana, county free clinics in the other 49). Those dreary institutions can disappear.

Everyone would use private health insurance and chose their own doctors and hospitals. The poorest among us would be subsidized for basic health insurance but everyone would pay something, (like the Medicare prescription drug plan and unlike Charity hospitals). It brings the indigent into the "real" medical insurance system and encourages them to afford even better insurance coverage that the working and the rich pay into. Through the maximum utilization that you mention, costs should go down and the elimination of a parallel socialized charity hospital system should make the taxpayer burden less, as well.

Not the best analogy. LSU Research Professors are generally not eligible for tenure so retaining one's position or earning more salary is entirely merit based and fairly cutthroat in nature. Publish or perish, bring in sponsored research dollars or find some greener pastures.

4. red55

Bullchit. Did you increase your wealth under Clinton by working hard and making good investments?

I thought so.

5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Really, there's nothing more that needs to be said...

:cool:

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The liberal triplets will change the tax structure, ostensibly to help out middle class schmucks like me. In turn they will increase the tax burden and eliminate tax
    breaks for those who create jobs and grease the wheels of the economy, (euphemistically referred to as "the rich") all the while increasing spending by about a trillion dollars. "The rich" will then stop expanding, creating jobs and investing in America. They will turn to foreign countries to more economically run their enterprises. Suddenly, the 95% who are supposed to get the benefit will not have to worry about paying less tax because they won't have a salary to be taxed. Guys near retirement like me will suddenly be faced with dwindling investment income requiring either delayed retirement (assuming I'm still employed) or finding a job post retirement.

The good news is there will be less cars commuting to work, leaving the streets clear for "the poor" to dance in.

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i will hold my nose and vote for mccain.

8. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

What you just described is pretty much what happened over the last 8 years. Except that the middle class was never the target for "help."

I think that is the complete opposite of what will happen under Obama.

Again, I respect your opinion, I just disagree.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm curious as to where all of the illegal immigrants fall into this system. I don't know what's going on in Louisiana, but in Texas, illegals are draining the charity hospitals (and regular ERs) here. Where would they go, and how would that be handled?

Apparently, a vast majority of the women who give birth at Parkland Hospital in Dallas are illegal immigrants--and they are a serious drain.

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

To stick with the request of the originator of this thread I will now tell you who I am voting for and not why, where, when, how and all that. Also, I am breaking my own rule to never post about politics or in FSA. I've seen way too many Dems get piled on and ganged up on by a bunch of psycho conservatives (I am by no means calling conservatives psychos...just some of the ones that I've seen in FSA that will remain nameless). So...pile on me...cuss me...call me ill-informed whatever...but I am very well educated, very informed and pretty successful....I will not get into a pissing match with any of you b/c I have better things to do. SO.......

I am proudly voting for Barack Obama.:usaflagwa

God bless you all.