Who are YOU Voting for?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Ch0sn0ne, Oct 1, 2008.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm sure. Sarah Palin makes George Bush sound like Cicero. :grin:

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i have too. both as a volunteer and paid staffer. and looking at both sides of it this time, i dont like the choices.

im not happy about it either.

its funny how i hear people, both die hard pubs and dems, say the same thing. they are not happy with the choice and this election represents the lesser of two evils for them.

3. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

Hugh G. Rection

1 person likes this.
  4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I guess since I started the thread I should give my answer. And since everyone else broke the why rule, I will too.

I am voting for Obama.

My reason is simple, maybe too simple for some of you political gurus.

I think a vote for McCain would basically be a vote for 4 more years of Bush. He is to damn similar even though most of his efforts are in trying to seperate himself from the current administration. I don't think even the biggest supporters of the republican party could truthfully say that 4 more years of the same stuff would be good for anyone.

Now I fully understand that Obama may end up sucking as well. However the truth is he is not going to be the same, so at least we have a chance to recover from the last 8 years of downfall.

1 person likes this.
  5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Not long ago many Republicans didn't want John McCain and thought he had little chance of the nomination because he was too liberal. Now Democrats say he's too conservative like Bush.

Last year many Democrats didn't want Obama and thought he had little chance of the nomination because he was too liberal and had no experience. Hillary was annointed as the next president. A short time later, she's considered unelectable and Obama is the second coming.

Aren't politics fun?

Can we call a mulligan and start over?

1 person likes this.
  6. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

A Kool-Aid drinking uninformed voter.

8. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Obama has gotten to them. They're buying the crap he's selling.

The last thing I'm worried about with McCain is another four years of Bush...and it isn't because I think he will die shortly after taking office either.

I have some reservations about McCain...but I also have no choice. Just thinking about obama and his cronies in the White House makes me sick to my stomach.

9. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

This is a pic of me in 1987. It should tell you who gets my vote.

1 person likes this.
  10. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

No, just someone who disagrees with you. I'm not trying to sway anyone else to do what I'm doing, or criticizing anyone who disagrees.

I don't think you or anyone else is ignorant, stupid, dumb, foolish, or whatever else you could call someone for not siding with me. I understand you have different situation that may justify going the other way.

I'm pretty sure that is why we vote, to see which guy would benefit the most people.