Who are YOU Voting for?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Ch0sn0ne, Oct 1, 2008.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Paying for their health care is not a practical solution either. We should make it easier for Mexicans to work here legally, pay taxes and insurance premiums. We could screen them for criminals, terrorists, communicable diseases, etc. But they should receive no social security, they need to go back to Mexico to retire on their own nations benefit system. And if they aren't working, they receive nothing from the government except a bus trip to Matamoros.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Do you think it might be the Irish in me?

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah. That'll work. I'm sure there's a nice orderly line of them filing in to the USA.:dis:

4. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I'm sorry. I wrongfully assumed that since you routinely visit Tiger Forums that you had been to New Orleans at some point of your life. If you do ever get a chance to visit you'll soon realize that "the most extreme example" is on every corner in many parts of the city.

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

You sure you haven't been hanging out with W on the ranch lately?

6. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Those kids are not our problem. Nation before compassion. The world got along just fine before Americans started taking care of everyone.

Will there always be poor here in America..you bet your ass there will be...Because there will always be people who make poor choices or they're to damn lazy to improve their situation.

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Or the girl can go to college. She should be able to keep her coverage long enough to graduate. With an education she will be able to find employment with a company that has employee health coverage. Pre-existing medical conditions will not keep her from being covered with a company like Blue Cross. With the money she makes with her new employer, she should easily be able to afford her part of the health insurance.

Many people with Crohn's are gainfully employed and doing just fine.

Now...go tell your friend he has another option.

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I'm not familiar with Blue Cross' policies, so I'll take your word for this one.
    But the question isn't whether or not she can be gainfully employed. I know a guy that has it, and has a GREAT job. He wasn't diagnosed until well after he had that job, so his insurance does cover him.

But what if her empoloyer's insurance policy doesn't cover her because it's pre-existing? She's basically phucked because she was diagnosed before reaching the normal age of providing her own insurance?

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

She would be fine.

Someone with Crohn's wouldn't have a problem with insurance through their employer. If I'm not mistaken, most employee health care plans do not have pre-existing condition stipulations.

She should go to school...get an education...go to work with a decent company...she's good to go.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Maybe, that's not something I'm well informed about.

While we're on the subject of insurance, I have a complaint.
    For me to carry my wife on my company's insurance is EXPENSIVE until she's no longer of baby-making age. But she has been "fixed". Why the hell do I still have to pay that type of premium, if she can't get pregnant again? (and yes potential pregnancy is the reason they gave me for her rates being nearly double what I pay for myself).