Who are the last two?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tygertail, Feb 1, 2004.

1. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I have heard that Thraxton is down to UGA and FSU. Also, no one knows what is going on with Hawkins. I don't know where Emfinger received his info.

2. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

Thaxton information is

inaccurate, he is down to LSU vs FSU with the seminoles with the upper hand but don't count out the Tigers.

LSU will get three/four more.....one possibly in the later or place column.

Tony Bell
    Jeremy Jones
    Lavelle Hawkins
    Jae Thaxton

3. tygertail

i was going by tom lemming from friday

this was what espn.com had....

Erich (Glen Ridge, NJ): Tom, love your work. What's the word on Jae Thaxton? Seems like FSU has a slight lead over Georgia and LSU.

Tom Lemming: Jae is a very academic-minded ballplayer. He has never indicated a leader but it looks like it will come down to Georgia and Florida State.

***They were also talking about a LB named Rory Johnson, saying he is a lean to Ole Miss, but LSU is in the running. I never heard of him. Anybody with any info

4. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

Lemming's recruiting

information has been delayed all year and way off base in some cases. As of yesterday, Thaxton eliminated Georgia!!

Also, Rory Johnson is probably the best LB out of Mississippi, he wasn't the only LB that LSU was recruiting heavily until they filled up. Johnson also got injured and LSU backed off shortly after... We are full at Linebacker...Johnson is a great athlete but LSU is "NOT" in the running anymore.

Lavelle Hawkins will decide on signing day, don't be surprised that he does end up at LSU and I wouldn't be surprised that he told LSU this is where he wants to play, but watchout for his grades...could be the reason for not going to Miami his childhood favorite!!

5. tygertail

cool...

makes me feel better knowing we are still in the running for Thraxton. I agree some of Lemming's stuff is off.

I agree that Hawkins grades will probably keep him off the field, but that just leaves one more all-world receiver out of the depth chart.

Actually, i am kind of curious who is going to transfer from the WR corps. I foresee the big boys are going to be green, carter, doucet, bowe, c.davis.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Tygertail

Amp Hill.....hello

7. tygertail

my bad...too many bad a$$es to keep track of

8. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Hey, Insiders is reporting that Texas QB Jordan Reever could be walking on at LSU, so we actually have a true QB that can backup. Patrick White is a QB, but I think this could free him up to learn Defense or WR.

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Did the legislature pass the TOPS initiative for out-of-state students this past summer? I know that there was some talk of it.
    Maybe we could get Reaver on some sort of academic scholly.

10. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Reever will never play for LSU. He was 3rd choice by his own admission, even after White. No major school offered him a scholarship which says a lot.