While tossing bouquets at Ohio Joe..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Sep 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    tj lsudad, Perple and TeamofSavages like this.
  2. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Wow what a genius...

Oeaux could use you “ON HIS STAFF”

I wish we could start our season over and make 7.61 yards per play like Georgia who has 860 yards on 113 attempts ...

Wow they are TRULY ELITE ...

3. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

I stated 2 legitimate LSU Football questions/concerns.

Apparently, having Oeaux's balls across your nose is obscuring your vision, badly.

tj lsudad, Perple, TerryP and 2 others like this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dunno, but Stingley looks VERY good for a true freshman and Delpit and Fulton will still be 2nd round guys.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah what a debacle this football program has become.

It's nearly unwatchable at this point.

Brian, Fishhead, gynojunkie and 2 others like this.
  6. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

I don't disagree, there is talent there. I wonder where all the SEC caliber backups are, that will be replacing those 2 next season. Also wonder why it took 4 games before "DBU" finally got an INT. Obviously, something has changed within the scheme. Perhaps splitting the Safety & Cornerbacks between 2 different coaches, has been...a challenge.

7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Sadly, there is not a “next man up” on the defense this year. 1 deep. I think Devin White covered up holes on the defense that are not covered up this year. Burrow on offense this year was White on D last year.

Work to in progress Tap. Stick it out.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

I knew it was only a matter of time before stupid showed up...and you’ve made your entrance!

Brian, Fishhead, Bengal B and 2 others like this.
  9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I honestly can’t figure out what the hell is wrong with our defense. I know I’ve seen us drop at least 5 interceptions that hit our guys right in the hands. 2 that would have been housed. I’ve also seen quite a bit of 3rd and chavis. I feel like it’s a combo of issues. Starting with injuries up front that are hurting our pass rush. Followed by a lack of leadership amongst our linebackers and then Aranda appears to mixing things up on our coverage schemes that our guys can’t figure out. There doesn’t appear to be very much depth back there either. Toss in that our all American safety is either playing through an injury or trying to avoid one and you get the results we’re all watching. I haven’t done the research on snaps and t.o.p to see how bad that’s impacting our defense. But, honestly I’m not buying that as much as others. There are several teams that run this offense and still have great defensive numbers. Just look at Ohio State. Granted they play cupcakes but Vandy just hung damn near 40 on us. Too many poor angles and bad tackling fundamentals to blame it on snap counts and TOP. I’m hoping it’s all fixable and able to improve in the coming weeks.

Our rushing attack has obviously taken a back seat to our passing game. And based on the numbers, rightfully so. But I am concerned whether or not it will be there when we need it against teams who can slow down our passing attack. We haven’t really needed to find out yet. LSU has not taken a single snap under center either, which the Saints still do and everybody keeps saying it’s the Saints offense. I think it’s taken a while for our o-line to pick up on RPO and zone blocking schemes in this spread offense after years of i-form down hill blocking. But if they ran this type of offense in High School, how hard can it be for an o-lineman........That and it appears our RB’s are dancing way too much looking for big gainers every time they touch the ball as opposed to just hitting the hole and running downhill. I know it’s Vandy, but it looked improved yesterday slightly. There were some ugly moments, most noticeable the drive before half that lead to the fumble TD for Vandy. Just kneel the ball and take the kickoff out of the half. Lastly, again I haven’t looked at the numbers to support this but I think we may have more rushing TD’s at this point in the season than we did last year. Or it’s close. So at least we are not settling for as many FG’s in the red zone and are able to punch it in.

I’m concerned about both our rushing attack and defense if it’s championships we’re discussing. But trying not to let that interfere with my enjoyment of watching this offense do it’s thing.

TigerTap and KyleK like this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

We gained close to 200 yds rushing yesterday. CEH averaged 7 yds a carry. CEH does not dance too much Emery still does. Watch the replays like I do and you will see CEH's "dances" are efficient and gets yds our other backs can't get.

fanatic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.