Which QB would you like to see?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Aug 21, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Based on body of work, I would have to say JD. I know he didn't have a great year last year at ASU, but the year before was impressive. We don't need a Burrow (of course, we would love that), but we do need a good game manager that is going to make smart choices. JD also has a ton of experience playing in big games and that is invaluable when the lights come on.

I also really like Nussmeier and his athletic ability, but his gun-slinger attitude can get LSU in a lot of trouble and in a deep hole really quick. If he can learn how to take what the defense gives him and stop making bad throws, then I think he could be a tremendous QB for LSU. I just don't think throwing him out there against FSU on national television is the best scenario for LSU.

BornOnTheBayou and Winston1 like this.
  2. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Joe Burreaux

shane0911 likes this.
  3. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Whichever one the coaches pick…

LSU_4_LIFE and BornOnTheBayou like this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

The one who throws only TDs and no TOs

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I think we would all love that, but that's not happening anytime soon! We need another QB to make his own mark and hopefully become a legend like JB did!

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

We need someone who can read defenses, make quick decisions, and make throws all over the field. Don’t want to waste our stud receivers. I like a mobile qb, but they’re most effective when they can throw.

I feel like BK is a good offensive coach but SEC passing windows are tighter than ND passing windows.

7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

QB mobility for this team is a nice skillset addition, but should not be the final decision maker. Making smart decisions to put the ball in the hands of the many great playmakers we have and not turning the ball over should be the criteria. I have been impressed by Kelley so far and will trust that he makes the proper selection.
    Based upon what we are hearing now, Daniels is the likely choice. Should Daniels past turnover issues resurface, I hope that CBK has a fast hook.

8. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

Based on what I see in Brian's pressers it appears as though it's a two horse race and Daniels is in the lead.

9. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

One that can throw a touch pass

10. Perple

Perple Founding Member

[​IMG]

Daniels, because 65.4% passing is a lot better than 50.9%.

I hope Nuss can come in & get a series or 2 depending on the game. Alsi ready to be a Starterif needed. I think if he stays at LSU, he could become a very talented QB. I was where this leaves Jaimi Howard's kid. I guess possibly following Nuss, unless he's better. Hope both have some . if he's got staying power.

Interesting how hoping players simply stay & honor their scholarship, has replaced so many normally asked quuestions.

Keep hearing (mainly on TO) how "Nuss gon transfer". But so far, only Max & Brennen have left. Have not heard anything from the people who actually know this kid. But these days who knows.

How do people feel about these recruits tahat have NFL Dads? I personally think many of them can drive the coaches crazy.

Just think. if what's been posted is true, Max won't be Starting at A&M, at least this year. Had he stayed at LSU, he likely would have Started & Jayden Daniels might not be here at all. "Way to go Dad"? Can the kid, Max, throw a yellow hanky at Dad's feet & call interference? Either way, seems that Brad Johnson caused a problem at LSU, maybe with Brian Kelly or the LSU transition team. May have dodged an ugly "Dads Gone Wild" moment with Max transferring out.

I'd bet if Max doesn't play much this season at aTm Brad Dad will have Max on a plane to someplace like San Diego State or maybe Georgia State U.

Very strange situation indeed.