Where were the fans?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 11, 2012.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Why did all you asshats leave last night and embarrass LSU on national television?

2. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Yeah. It was a shameful and embarrassing thing to watch the stadium get quieter...and quieter...and quieter. The announcers picked up on it, the TV cameras panned the stadium, too. Crap, fellas & gals. It wasn't even raining.

Thus, it was only right and proper that the fools missed arguably the play of the game: Loston's 100 yard pick six! There's nothing like being in the moment, right LaSalle?

We weren't in DV, but we were AT the game--as best we could. And we were there for it all.

Well, it had to be totally worth it to y'all to have missed the 4th quarter, and some great football, an epic defensive play, so as to allow you to get......to get WHERE, exactly?

VampMuse likes this.
  3. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

I've NEVER walked out of any sporting event, but I sure the hell would never leave Tiger Stadium early. WTF

gynojunkie likes this.
  4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That was shocking!

5. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

When you're stuck in Phoenix for a night game in Death Valley, you stick to the TV (and the computer). Last night, our persistence was amply rewarded! :)

Congratulations, Tigers -- for ALL SIXTY MINUTES OF YOUR EFFORT!

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think several things led to the crowd leaving early. First of all there were a lot of no-shows, so many seats were empty already. Secondly, it was a hot afternoon with many people in shorts and T-shirts, but it cooled off quickly and was very windy at night. A lot of mini-skirt and beach-wear fans were freezing their butts off and headed for warmth. But mostly, I think it was the huge post-game traffic jam after the Bama game when everybody stayed until the end. It was gridlocked for a couple of hours and many fans got home at 2 or 3 AM. A lot of complaining children and weary wives lobbied to get out ahead of that mess, I think.

col reb likes this.
  7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

They did the same damn thing during the Washington game. You could see large clusters of empty seats early in the THIRD freakin qtr. Seriously? Are you that disinterested in football? Last night, Nessler started pointing it out around the same time, when the game was far from decided.

I think the outrageous ticket prices have caused an influx of new money fans that would rather try to beat traffic or tailgate in their Hummers than support the team through the entire game. It's downright pathetic. And I don't see this happening in other venues when the games are televised.

Richdog likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Or don't brings the wives and kids next time. But yeah, traffic needs to be fixed.

9. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

"Warriors" they are NOT.

The Tiger hungered for the taste of Victory and sated his appetite for destruction.

The Fair-Weather Fan is content merely to maintain social reputation and standing. You can't expect the pampered elite to appreciate the mud-encrusted hands of the men who win the day for them.

10. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

mid 70's isn't hot and low 60's isn't freezing.
    they left because they are fairweather fans.

bama game. i left cecilia at 7am. got back home at midnight. stayed until the end like everyone else.
    this week, i left home at 8 and got home just before 10 because everyone left early. helped me with traffic. :)
    people are getting spoiled with winning. this years 2 losses kept 5 people that i know from coming to the game. sad sad. couldn't even sell their tickets.