Where to live in the DFW area?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUpride123, Apr 16, 2016.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Collin County is actually pretty large. Plano is the largest city, and we're in southern Collin County--almost from one side to the other. Plano is on the western border of Collin County, but the town of Wylie is on the eastern border.

Just north of Plano in Collin is Frisco (west) and Allen (east.)

McKinney is north of Plano and Allen; Prosper is north of Frisco--and all still in Collin County.

Then, there are the rural parts of Collin County north and east of McKinney (Farmersville, Anna, Melissa, etc.)

2. StaceyO

Not really--my daughter says there are...two (out of about 50 in her 5th grade class.)

The cool Asian boy only hangs out with the white boys (one of whom is the twin of Skylar's best friend.)

Then, there is one cool Asian girl, as well. But she's not part of Skylar's crowd.

3. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Grapevine has a small-town feel for a suburb in a megalopolis. Good highways, good eateries and nightlife, but close to the airport. Lots of low-flying jets.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You declined cause you were skeered you might hafta pull down your pants?

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Like I have to do that myself.

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I do not have anything personal against Plano, just seems old and crowded.

I am going to see my kids this weekend and plan to visit Melissa, McKinney, and Frisco.

7. StaceyO

I wouldn't suggest Melissa, as it's way out there in the country, and more of a low-rent area.

Plano, I guess, is old...if you consider that the biggest building boom in Plano occurred in the 70's, 80's, and 90's, and is considered "built-out" at this point. However, the city is pretty serious about maintaining structures and roads.

Even old shopping centers get regular makeovers with paint, etc (so there must be an ordinance), and the school district does major renovations to every school building (there are over 80 schools) every 10 years, along with additions/re-builds every 20 years. My daughter's 9/10 high school got one such re-build a few years ago, and it looks like a brand new school. They re-faced the outside, added a state-of-the-art two story science wing, and re-did the inside from the drywall out.

In May, we're voting on a $481,000,000 bond package for more such improvements.

I know I'm sounding like the Plano Chamber of Commerce, but it's really an incredible place to live.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Next you'll be spouting slogans like "Don't drink the Draino, Move to Plano!"

9. StaceyO

I know...like I said. My 5th grader is even a Plano Youth Ambassador for the Mayor.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Is it worth losing your self dignity to live there.

Bengal B likes this.