Politics Where are we going?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Why do I need an original thought to converse with you? Also to lazy to photoshop not trying to impress anyone. Besides there is this new fangel thing called the internet lots of stuff like memes on there, try it somtimes.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There are a bunch of videos. Which on is the best? I watched the one with the guy walking around with a big cardboard box.

3. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Double slit is fascinating. Here's another Quantum mind boggler: Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. Essentially, you cannot know the exact position and velocity of a particle - even in theory. Einstein couldn't accept this. He thought it was because of the observation process affecting the particle and in theory, he thought, a particle does have an exact position and velocity. But this is wrong, even in theory a you CANNOT know both at the same time. More so, the closer you get to determining its position, the further away you get from determining its velocity. This has been proven repeatedly by experiment (not firing photons at a particle).

If you were to put a particle in an inpenetrable box and slowly reduce the size of the box to narrow down the position of the particle, the particle's velocity would become increasingly berserk.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It’s almost as if particles have a mind of their own right?

Frogleg likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

OK, This might require a new thread. On the other hand if LaSalle's speculations are right it may be where we are going. I only watched a couple of videos so as of yet I don't see the metaphysical side of the experiment but from what little I have read about Quantum computing humans may become as unnecessary as roaches once it is perfected and set in motion.

6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Yeah, it does. And no one really understands Quantum Physics intuitively. No one. Maybe cannabis will help ;)

7. LaSalleAve

It probably will. I like the videos where the theoretical scientist says he found computer code in particles and that we could just be in a simulation

Frogleg likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I took LaSalles advice before I watched the 2 videos I have seen so far. Maybe there is another Einstein out the who does have an intuitive grasp of the way quantum mechanics works. To almost everybody there are unexplainable paradoxes that contradict the laws of physics. There are explanations. It's just that nobody knows enough to explain it, Not even to themselves.

Frogleg likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Post links to those. Could we all be imagining we are flesh and blood physical beings? I'll smoke another bowl while I think about that.

10. LaSalleAve

Frogleg likes this.