Where are they now??? former LSU basketball players - 2007 thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsubasketball, Nov 12, 2004.

1. adub

adub Freshman

Re: Where are they now??? former LSU basketball players

Caesar isn't he teaching now in SW La?

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Red you are showing your age buddy
    Eddie was in 1996, that was 13 years ago ;-)

3. bmistr1023

bmistr1023 Founding Member

I can't remember the year but it was during Howard Carter and I think Derrick Taylor's period and we beat Kenucky. We got ahead by over 30 points and coasted.(unlike the 36 point lead we lost to Kenucky in that same era). Before the game I was looking for Mike the Tiger mascot and he was nowhere to be found. Just before tipoff the band went crazy and the lights were lowered and Mike came down from the ceiling and believe me I had never heard the PCAC that loud. The entire place was just nuts. There was no way Kenucky was going to beat the Tigers that day.
    I was also at the Georgia/LSU game when Williams threw the ball down court thinking he could run out the clock. We were up by one point and Georgia inbounds and puts up a shot to win by one. It was at home and it was a killer of a loss.
    This thread really does bring back a lot of memories. Herman Fontenot was a really good reciever who I think played with Eric Martin:miles:

4. whatever

whatever Founding Member

I'd really like to know what happened to Vernel Singleton. He was one of my favorites. He could jump ridiculously high and always played with heart.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

as of 2000 he was playing ball in Korea for Samsung

" All-Star Game
    31/1/2000 CENTRAL ALL STARS TEAM (SK, SAMSUNG,SBS, SHINSEGI, SAMBO) 137 - SOUTHERN ALL STARS TEAM (LG, GOLDBANK, TONGYANG, HYUNDAI, KIA) 117 (Reggie Townsend 14+5rebs, Rod Hannibal20+7rebs, Vernell Singleton 11+8rebs, Jerren Cobb 12+3rebs, Werren Rosegreen 17+7rebs - Lorenzo Hall 16+5rebs, Toshiro Germany 18+10rebs, Eric Eberz 10+1rebs, Jony McDoWell 20+6rebs Lewis Lofton 12+2rebs) "

http://www.asia-basket.com/KOR/d1.asp

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched