Where are they now??? former LSU basketball players - 2007 thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsubasketball, Nov 12, 2004.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Re: Where are they now??? former LSU basketball players

btw. hot plate is still playing. in s. america i think

2. Geaux Girl

Geaux Girl Founding Member

I was paying for my daughter's horse lesson at BREC' Farr Park and the large man working there signed the receipt Howard Carter. I immediately asked if he was "Hi-C" and he was! I then told my daughter how famous he was at LSU and asked him if he had gone pro. He said he had played in Germany.
    I think he went through a rough period but is back on the right track and I wish him continued success with that. He was very nice and polite.:)

3. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

I was at that game, sitting at the end of the court where Williams was taking the ball in. It was against Georgia, they were on the Dogs' end of the court. 1 to 3 seconds left, LSU's ball out of bounds ahead by 1, crowd going crazy. Williams takes the ball from the ref and heaves it down the court (I'm screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!) while he and some of the players hug in victory. Because it wasn't touched, clock never started AND Ga gets the ball under their basket, calls timeout. Everyone in the place knows they'll score somehow. Sure enough, lob pass in to some 6'9" freshman (can't remember his name) he outjumps the Tigers and just lays the ball in.

I always liked John Williams.........except right then.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I read an article about Randy Livingston not too long ago. If memory serves, he was still hoping for one more shot in the league. Played some in both the NBA and the Developmental League last year.

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Randy Livingston was the NBA developmental league MVP last year:

http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/livingston_070412.html

A old neighbor of ours (lived next to them for 10 years) e-mailed us recently to tell us that her nephew, Dan Reed, was named the president of the league:

http://www.nba.com/dleague/reed_070604.html

I actually met him several times in the early 90's when he lived out here and visited his aunt and uncle. Nice guy (and also successful now).

1 person likes this.
  6. Draino13

Draino13 Founding Member

Torris Bright is actually working with concrete. He pored concrete at an associate's house. Apparently, Torris and his boss didn't do a good job.

1 person likes this.
  7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I remember you. You ran over me in a pick up basketball game at the Field House. :lol:

Johnny Jones is coaching North Texas b-ball...

http://www.meangreensports.com/View...564&DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=67779&Q_SEASON=2007

Y'all realize thread thread is old?

8. philter

philter Founding Member

Singleton was one of my favorites of all time.

1 person likes this.
  9. Purple Tiger1

Purple Tiger1 Founding Member

Greg Cook died a few years ago.

10. LSUTigah68

LSUTigah68 Freshman

what about "Boudreaux for THREE!!!!" wonder where he went to, i always loved the band aid on singletons shoulder
    Chris suffered from the Obessive compulsive disorder i cant remember what the clinical term was, he would tie his shoes 9 times, touch a door knob 20 times before it felt right etc etc, he said that studying islam helped calm that to some degree thats why he changed his name to Mahmoud Abdul Rauf.

Stanley after battling many bouts with drug addiction, at some point like a year or two ago, was actually trying to get re-instated into the league and make a comeback, they had some big story in sports illustrated about it showing the house that got started building that he couldnt afford to finish for his mom. I dont think stern let him back into the league, and he had gotten so out of shape in that span that i dont think he could even go overseas to play, i know he spent a little time here and there in jail due to his drug addiction

1 person likes this.