Where are they now??? former LSU basketball players - 2007 thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsubasketball, Nov 12, 2004.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yep. He was a freshman and LSU had the lead and the ball with only a few seconds left. Williams inbounded and rolled it all the way down the court thinking that the clock was running out.

Actually the clock doesn't start until a player touches the ball. The other team got the ball back with the whole time remaining.

2. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Funny this thread pops up. I actually spoke with current North Texas coach Johnny Jones yesterday. I attended practice (it was work related) at the UNT arena and he noticed my LSU jacket. He came up and we talked for about 5 minutes and then he had to scoot off to practice. He was a really nice guy and still loves LSU. He is apparently doing a pretty good job at UNT.

I guess I should mention that he played at LSU in the mid 80s and was an assistant to Dale Brown.

3. LSU Stud

LSU Stud Founding Member

Yea he has a daughter that I went to HS with that should be receiving a basketball scholarship to LSU this year ('05).

My parents are good friends with Duane DeArmond and their kids are on Jr. High and High School teams with my brothers in Houston.

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

ESPN did a peice on him a few months ago. They talked about all the problems he has went through and the fact that he was trying to get back in shape to have a NBA team pick him up.

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

My brother was a starter at Redemptorist with DeArmond & Howard Carter. With DeArmond they lost in the final in '76 and with HC they won it all in '77...

I guess Hi-C was arrested a few years back for trying to hold up a liquor store in BR... :dis:

6. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

roberts is allowed to play again and was trying to get back in shape. i thought livingston was doing some assistant work at LSU. Vernell was my all time favorite at LSU that I actually got to watch. I know he played in Eddie but am not sure what he is doing now. CJ lives in Gulfport and I think his house burned down a few years ago. Ronnie Henderson played a little overseas but not sure where he is now and I think Wayne Simms is working on his 7th DWI.

7. fun2know

fun2know Freshman

Re: Where are they now??? former LSU basketball players

Hi my name is Herman Fontenot former LSU Footballer from 1981-85 I am looking for Johnny Jones B-ball and coach under Coach Dale brown.Where is he now?E-mail please at [email protected]SU!

8. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

torris bright went to europe, and now is playing for a team in baton rouge

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

he's coaching n. tx right?

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Whatever happened to that O' Neal guy?? Seriously, whatever happened to his little sidekick Dennis Tracy...aka Vanilla Rap?

And The Hot Plate Williams play you guys are referencing...do you remember the magnitude of that play?? And the opponent against which it transpired?? It wasn't just any basketball game.:nope: