Where are they now??? former LSU basketball players - 2007 thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsubasketball, Nov 12, 2004.

1. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

Stromile Swift is doing pretty well with the Memphis Grizzlies, though he's not even starting. I don't know for sure where any of the former players are, other than Ricky Blanton and Pistol Pete...

2. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Anybody know what happened to Stanley Roberts?

3. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Dandy Don keeps an interesting list of "where are they now?" for football players. Someone should ask him to start one for basketball.

Rudy Macklin was honored earlier this year by the LSU Alumni organization for his achievements since graduation. Great player and solid guy.

Greg "Cookie Man" Cook was something like the head of special education for Houston public schools.

Whatever happened to Jordy Hultberg? :grin:

4. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

What about John Williams? Did he eat himself to death or something?

I used to live in the same apt. complex as Gert back in the day. Who woulda guessed that being Shaq's backup and a 7 footer who couldn't dunk well would cause so many girls to beat a path to your door? LOL...that dude shoulda had a "Now Serving" sign over the door or something, seriously.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Ah, yes. John "Hot Plate" Williams.

6. TailChaser

TailChaser Freshman

Tejas

Did he live in Sharlo? I used to see him at the pool...looked like a "rare" species, a glowing white whale. :grin: Main reason he got drafted was the SHAQ:dis:

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

You forget the "foreignness" aspect has a lot to do with it too. I knew a German guy while I was a student worker; he was about 6'3" and skinny with a shaved head and glasses. He wasn't much to look at IMHO but had all of the chicks you could want; he used to call in sick all of the time and then tell me he had a girl in bed over there. One time I went to his dorm to scope it out and sho' nuff....

8. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

What about Howard Carter, Willie Sims, Ethan Martin, Leonard Mitchell, Anthony Wilson, Nikita Wilson..........anybody have information on their whereabouts ?

9. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Wasn't it John who inbounded the ball from under the basket and threw it full court, out of bounds on the other end thinking he was killing the clock ?

10. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I ran into him one night at Cowboys in LC. He put on a few lbs since college, I can see why he plays football. I recognized him as soon as I saw him. I made a reference to that sweet lefty shot from the corner, he laughed and reminisced for a while. Very nice guy. He was a favorite of mine growing up along with Vernell and his bandaid on his shoulder.