When in defense of Trump

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Oct 18, 2017.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I read the quotes. The article starts off by saying, Trump doesn't know what he is talking about, but they somehow do?

Trump is being pressed on bills he isn't writing and that aren't even done yet? This is biased shitty reporting.

Do anyone of you believe Trump is writing these bills?

Here is an example Vox, themselves, doesn't even seem to grasp. Plain English.

Trump doesn’t know anything about any issue
    As a table setter, here is Trump attempting to tout a report by his own Council of Economic Advisers arguing that cutting the corporate tax rate to 20 percent will raise the average American household’s wages by $4,000:

And I think that there’s tremendous appetite. There’s tremendous spirit for it, not only by the people we’re dealing with in Congress but for the people out there that want to see something — $5,000, almost. It can be $5,000 average per individual — per group. And so I’m really looking forward to it. Let’s see what happens.

Of course $4,000 and $5,000 are different amounts of money, as you will swiftly learn if you attempt to give someone $4,000 to discharge a $5,000 debt. And individuals aren’t households. Trump seems to have kinda sorta caught himself on this one and corrected himself from “per individual” to “per group.” But of course there are all kinds of groups.

So they are bitching about something Trump, himself, says is still being worked...

FFS... Like I can get behind so many criticisms about the man, but some of you guys just go way off track.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Caca I'll answer reverse order. If you bother to look back before the election I was one of the most voracious attackers of both HRC and Obama. I started almost as many threads against them as rexie has against Trump.
    HOWEVER she lost and Obama is out of office/power. They no longer matter. They are on the trash heap of history right where they should be. I held them to high standards and they failed.
    The rest I’ll let Senator Jeff Flake answer. It says all I could so much more elegantly. Try to understand.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...icit-jeff-flakes-retirement-speech-annotated/

HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Jeff Flake is whats wrong with the conservative movement. He not only turned his back on his president he decieved the voters that elected him. He is not a conservative. He is also a chicken shit he knows he was not going to get re elected so he acts like he wants out. Glad he is gone he is almost as despicable as McCain.

watson1880 likes this.
  4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Oh so you voted for Obama in 2008?

kcal, HalloweenRun and Winston1 like this.
  5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

More telling than either Corker and Flake are the Senators who evade, at all costs, the issue of Trump’s integrity, honesty, and fitness to lead. There is a reason that politicians, in general, and Washington ones in particular, are hated by most.

Of course, Trump’s need for immediate gratification, will bite him in the ass, in general election, when anyone to the left of NAZIs and Klan vote democratic. I will vote Dem, next time, unless that Cowboy hat fool is nominated. Elizabeth Warren would be tough, but . . .i think I could do it.

6. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

You should vote on policies, not because someone is Dem or Rep.

kcal, GiantDuckFan and Winston1 like this.
  7. HalloweenRun

That’s kind of the point. The President appears not to have policies, simply hate. He is a transaction kind of guy, in it for the quick win and self gratification.

GiantDuckFan and Winston1 like this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Sorry @HalloweenRun i count vote for Warren any more than I could for Trump, HRC Sanders or the like.
    I’ll work to find and support a candidate that holds to my principles. If there is a Republican gutsy enough to primary Trump I’ll support him/her.
    If not successful there it’s time for a viable alternative as the Republican Party I joined isn’t close to what we have today. It’s nothing but angry Nazis and sycophants.

el005639 likes this.
  9. HalloweenRun

I sure hope Warren is not the alternative to Trump!

el005639 likes this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Yeah wasn't he great?