When did you as a Republican decide it was necessary that our president

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Aug 26, 2023.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I didn't rule it out. but the evidence is scant so I have no reason to believe it

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Are you asking the question FOR the universe? The universe is made up of mostly rocks and gases. It's more complicated than that but for they sake of this let's just say rocks and gases. Rocks and gases don't think they don't know they are rocks and gases. Only humans are aware of our own selves. We, as far as we know to this point are the only creatures that can reason. And reason tells us there must be a higher power. Reason also tells us we were not an accident and the higher power is not rocks and gases.

Computers can? Computers only exist because of man. We program them to have human thought and emotions. Computers are nothing without the ulimate computer, the human brain.

My point is we can only try to explain our existence but only in human terms. Once again why have all ancient and current civilizations and tribes have a higher power or god?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

but any knowledge about any god is faith based and therefore religious.

unless you have same lab data

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

no it doesnt

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Isn't Atheism faith based? Just the opposite end of the spectrum?

kcal likes this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

It might not for you but it does for me. Not trying to change your mind just stating my point

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

no, there are a couple ways to define athiesm. and almost everyone arguing against it characterizes its as a faith based belief that there is no god. that's called strong or hard athiesm and is very rare. this should called anti-theism for the sake of clarity.

agnostic is just a way to say you are athiest and you are also a pussy afraid to say you are atheist. if you are agnostic, and claim there is no way to know if god exists, then you don't believe in god, and are atheist. if I don't know something, and have no way of knowing it, I don't believe it. for me to believe in it I would have to know about it.

atheism is literally a lack of belief, not a belief.

you were born an atheist in the exact same sense that I am now. you had never heard of god, had no faith, never been to church. then as you grew you were told various theories, some you rejected, like Islam or the Greek gods or anamism, and some you accepted, maybe Christianity. I just rejected all of them, and remain as clueless as I was when born. I have seen no data that I find reliable.

so no, athiesm is not faith based, its literally and exactly the opposite, as the name implies. its literally to be without faith. its defined as the exact opposite of having faith.

A meaning without, theism meaning belief/faith A-THEISM

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

reason is not subjective or personal. it doesn't vary from person to person.

your claim "And reason tells us there must be a higher power" is not true. even religions acknowledge this and require faith, which is rewarded with eternal paradise.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

No. A-theism = without theism. How is that faith-based?

10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Yeah, its a theory with an enormous supporting data.

from God is my guess.

that sounds like 'creationism' derangement syndrome. the point is that the prevailing theory and evidence supports that it was created. I say a supreme being is the most likely cause, the only viable option to me left. i understand that the modern dogma won't let most people say that.

Everything except an eternal supreme being needs a creator. Its nonsense to think otherwise.

You are mistaking the goldilocks planet for the goldilocks universe. Here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine-tuned_universe
    I don't agree with all they say, and there are renown physicist who acknowledge this 'dilemma'. It's astromincal odds, don't have time to go further....