What's Your Worst Ever Machine?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Jul 15, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Have you ever had any windows or windshield replaced?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I've had a few windshields cracked by rocks over the years. Never a side window.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Are you sure it's not a Hoyt Clagwell? Is this it?

upload_2015-7-16_11-55-40.jpeg

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, but I've got a John Deere Model D rusting in the woods in Grant Parish. Two huge cylinders and a genuine stump-puller with steel spike wheels and a huge flywheel on the side.

[​IMG]

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I've read where bad seal jobs on windshields cause buzzing as you accelerate.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Since this has turned into a car thread here is another lucky Sunday morning story: I had at the time an 8 year old 86 T Bird that I had gotten for a steal. Clean, low mileage and drove great. I had only had it a few months when me and a buddy decided to go fishing in the Grand Isle area. We checked into Boudreaux's Motel in Leeville about 8 PM and since it was too early to sleep and the motel had no cable we drove to the island to try fishing off a pier at Bridgeside Marina. After a few hours of no luck I was driving back toward the motel and right about that big double curve on Highway 1 near Fouchon there was some kind of big wooden thing in the middle of the road that must have fallen off a truck. Too close to stop and if I had tried to swerve to avoid it more than likely we would have ended up in one of the canals on either side of the road so I hit the thing. I was really surprised when the car didn't come to a grinding halt right there but I had somehow cleared it despite the horrible noise from underneath the car. I couldn't see any damage in the pitch dark where we were so I drove the 8 or 10 miles back to the motel.

Early in the morning we drove down to a good roadside fishing spot below Fouchon and just as I was pulling up to park I could see that the car was overheating. My only choice was to fill the radiator with some of the brackish water from the bayou and try to drive back to the hotel. We made it back after stopping for water 2 or 3 times. I parked at the motel and wondered how the hell I was going to fix the car at least enough to get back to Baton Rouge. It was Sunday morning in the tiny town of Leeville. I walked across the street to a store that sold breakfast as well as fishing gear, bait, beer, ect. I was asking the woman at the counter if she know of any open repair shops nearby when 2 guys who were behind me in line overheard my story and asked "What kind of car you got, bro?" I told them and one of them said, "Oh, I got a radiator for that in my yard." We went to his house a few blocks away and he pulled one off an old T Bird in the yard and we went back to the motel. He charged me $40 for the radiator and I gave him another $2o for putting in in for me.

The car still drove great after that but the air conditioner never worked again. I traded it in for a new Chevy Silverado a few months later.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They must have been some awesome tits. Got any pics?

HalloweenRun likes this.
  8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

what did that have, a straight 6?

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's not bad for a 17 year old to make enough at a snowball stand to save $1000 in a summer. That's probably like $3000 in today's dollars. I wonder how much you could make per year owning a snowball stand. I have an old utility trailer thats something like 8x14, big enough to build a small structure on it. Shouldn't cost more than a couple of grand for the wood and for an ice crushing machine. Gotta be a huge profit margin selling flavored ice.

Open from sometime in April to the end of September. Hire a couple of cute college girls to sell the snowballs while I'm playing golf, fishing or just plain relaxing.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

pretty sure with electricity and labor and license its not very lucrative.

but i do know the cost of them has gone up a lot. the other day someone got one with the cream and whatever else and it was over 5 bucks.