Whats Your Favorite Food?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Stop it, Marine Tiger, stop it! I just tried to bite my computer screen!

2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

How about Big Bear's in Covington:

Fried Shrimp po-boy, yum

Roast Beef po-boy with swiss cheese melting in the hot brown gravy, brown gravy and mayonaise running out all sides of the sandwich and thoroughly soaking the french bread till is gets soggy, dressed! ggggoooooooooddddd.

I have to go to Big Bears whenever I go to my motherinlaws.

And Paul Prudomme in N'awlins makes a wicked shrimp ettoufee, uses black, white and red pepper in a great stock, and 1/4 lb. of real butter, shaken not stirred into the pot. Great stuff, makes you sweat when you eat it; its a little shocking at first, but the more you eat, the more you want to eat!

3. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

If I was on death row, I don't know what I would rather have. A big platter of half fried shrimp and half fried oysters with fries and cole slaw, or a stack of BBQ baby back pork ribs, potato salad, baked beans, dirty rice and corn on the cob. Maybe make the plate bigger and have them both. :D

4. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

We must be from the same clan. I would probaly grill my corn on the cob with a mixture of butter and Louisiana Hot sauce melted on it during the grlling. A nice bowl of low country clam chowder, garlic cheese grits, and hush puppies would send me off in style! :bncry: :hihi: :bncry:

5. Carface

Carface What the...?

6. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Someone mail me some Cane's sauce, Ninfa's green dip and a Superior Grill Margarita! That can be my wedding gift from the forum!

7. bayoutider

Have you ever tried Big Bob Gibson's White Sauce to dip your chicken strips in? You might be able to find it in your grocery store or order it from his web site but also here is the recipe and it's really good.

Makea about a cup of White Sauce

1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
    2 tablespoons apple cider

8. Carface

Carface What the...?

That is pretty similar to the recipe for Cane's sauce. Bayoutider, if you live in BAMA, Raising Cane's is pretty much the same thing as Zaxby's and Guthrie's (sauce and all).... but there's just something better about the sauce, the atmosphere, and the quality of food at Raising Cane's (though it's not hard to top the food and service at Guthrie's, bleh). :thumb:

9. bayoutider

I live up north for now, buy my son has a home in Louisiana (my old house). There is a Raising Cane's about a mile from his house. I like the chicken, like the sauce, like the bread, don't care for the fries. And lemonaid should not be seasonal ;)

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A good quick and easy sauce for dipping chicken strips is to add enough ketchup to about a cup of mayonaise until it turns pink and add a couple of cloves of fresh crushed garlic. Also very good with shrimp and crawfish.