Whats in your Blu Ray collection

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Jul 17, 2009.

1. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

Resurrecting this thread; my Panasonic BD60 Blu-Ray player came in today.

So far I have:
    The Dark Knight
    Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (actually bought this because it was cheaper than the DVD version and included a DVD)

As soon as I can find it at Best Buy (so I can use my reward certificates), I'm getting Chuck season 2.

The Dark Knight looks amazing.

2. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Got John Adams, Band of Brothers and Something Something Something Darkside for christmas.

The wife got the newest season of Supernatural, Smallville and Weeds...Plus Roadhouse

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Roadhouse is one of those movies that I will sit and watch anytime I see it on. So cheesy, but so entertaining.

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

I found it at Best Buy for 9.99.

They always have about 10 to 15 Blu Ray every week priced at 9.99.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Really, I thought it was one of the best things I have ever watched. I stood up a few times almost in tears. When he did the "Freedom will Reign in America speech" Holy cow it was awesome.
    As a big history buff, and a big fan of US history. I thought it was just fantastic I purchased it as soon as it was available. When my daughter is old enough she will watch it to learn some great american history. And it was very accurate as well. Ben Franklin in the history books is seen as some great american, he was but he was a loon as well.
    Also the Thomas Jefferson John Adams relationship and the facts of their death.
    Oh it was awesome.

As far as my Blu-Ray collection, its just getting started and i like independent and weird films so a few I have
    1. Trainspotting
    2. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    3. John Adams
    4. Step Brothers
    5. Hangover
    6. Band of Brothers
    7. Apocolypse Now
    8. The Matrix (A must have)
    9. Saving Private Ryan
    10. The Dark Night (Also a must have)

And a few more

6. TexasTigers

Roadhouse - Ah yes, we have had this discussion. That movie is so bad its an absolute american classic, I have seen it 1000 times. Its so bad its great.

Roadhouse to me was written by a bunch of drunk college kids. Think about it, they sat around said.
    Lets make a movie about bar fights, YEH cool, WAIT PUT A MONSTER TRUCK IN IT.. Of course need monster truck. Must have, oh we need boobs, yes boobs must have.
    Man what an epic piece of garbage and the beauty of it is mmmmmmmWwaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!

Check out Stone Cold with Brian Bozworth... Also a movie that is so bad its awesome.

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

I had watched it on HBO but the wife didnt so when I got the blu ray I told her I planned to watch all 7 hours in a row..she said she would watch the 1st one and see if she liked it....5 hours later she was fighting to stay awake and finish watching but she couldnt...she got up at 7 and the first thing she did was sit down and watch the rest of it.

I am a huge history buff but she isnt..for her to sit and watch just as intently as I was says something about this mini!!

I hope the dvd sales were enough to warrant the making of the other founding fathers!!!

8. TexasTigers

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

District 9, Angels and Demons, and some other stuff that I cant remember.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's beyond cheesy. But it has a guy named Red that looks like me in 10 years. And a great movie line from Sam Ellliot after he kicks a guy in the kneecap, breaking it and bending it backwards. He leans over, grins, and says, "That really hurts, doesn't it".