What's for dinner??

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by lsubatgirl04, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I melt the butter in the skillet and then coat both sides to each piece of bread in it before putting the cheese in and grilling in the butter.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Is there anything you won't bitch about

Bengal B likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Shut up and fix my sandwich.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I will kick your ass till your breath smells like boot polish old man. Don't you ever forget who the boss is around here :D

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

...and paint the butter on with an ostrich feather.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Cleaning out the freezer getting ready for all the Thanksgiving crap, and I found a 10 pound standing rib roast, from a year ago.

Thawed, cooked, and it was great, about four more meals, will take me to Thanksgiving and turkey.

Plus, it had been paid for so long ago, the expense was a non-issue!

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hot sausage poboy and barbecue beans. While I was at the store getting the sausage I saw they had Louisiana grown satsumas 4 for $1. A bit small but really sweet and tasty

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I've got a Turkey, Sausage, Tasso and Andouille Gumbo, a Sweet Cornbread Stuffed Chicken, a pot of Pastalaya, and a few other side dishes.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

First of all its hard for me to believe that there are people who actually eat and like brussels sprouts. I think things like turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, green been casseroles and pumpkin pie are pretty universal and non regional.

Yesterday I ate at my brother's house. His wife is from Pennsylvania and for some reason doesn't go beyond a few basics. She make the green been and sweet potato casseroles and a homemade apple pie. My brother cooked a ham. Knowing it might be pretty austere I cooked a turkey breast in the crock pot and brought some seafood gumbo that I had made a couple of weeks ago and still had some in the freezer. One of my nephews loves the cheese logs I used to make so i made one with the tubes of garlic cheese, cayenne pepper and broken bits of pecan. No Thanksgiving is complete without cornbread dressing so I bought a tub of it from Piccadilly along with a pecan pie. Pleasant surprise when I got there: My brother had made a crawfish pie.

In the past I have eaten some great things at other people's thanksgiving like crawfish etoufe, crawfish bisque, shrimp and pasta, crawfish and sausage jambalaya, and all kinds of wonderful pies that people can make from the abundance of good things that grow in Louisiana.

I like collard greens. I like mustard greens better. I have never eaten either one at a Thanksgiving or a Christmas dinner.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Up until a couple of years ago, I would have agreed with you. Those and beets were two of the foods I just could not get a taste for. A couple of years ago, I tried them roasted. Outstanding!

Just arrange them on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, add course sea salt and bake at 350 till done. Should take 25-30 min. This is actually how I cook lots of vegetables now.