What we learned tonight...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 8, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

1. LSU isn't as good as we thought they were going into this game. And please spare me the no one thought we would be 7-0 going into this game, no one knows shit before the season.
    2. Les Miles still can't get it done against Alabama, even when he has the best offense he has ever had.
    3. Bradley Dale Peveto still sucks and still should be fired immediately.
    4. Kevin Steele is garbage, and it showed tonight.
    5. Since 2011 With more than a week to prepare in thyears Les Miles: Win 2011 vs Bama, loss Bowl game, 2012 Loss Bama, loss bowl game, 2013 loss Bama win bowl game, 2014 loss Bama loss bowl game, 2015 loss Bama. That's 2-7.
    6. This team is soft as fuck. They just got dominated in every facet of the game.
    7. Cam Cameron may be a good QB coach but he's a pretty shitty playcaller.

I'm sure there are a ton of others, so fire away and keep adding.

shane0911, b_leblanc and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

The 2013 offense was better but the D wasn't good enough. Only year in a long time we had a very good passing game. Two different thousand yard receivers a thousand yard rusher and a QB thay threw for over 3000. This offense is nowhere near that good.

This is the Fournette show and will go as he goes.

How many teams can actually shut him down like this? I think it's less than 5.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Hope was destroyed last night. Just an empty, burnt out place in my heart where it resided. We could still have a great season, but I'm not confident Miles is gonna make it happen. Hope the team can bounce back, but this loss was 100% bullshit - and I hardly blame the players at all.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I meant the best offense for what Miles likes to do, generational tailback and offensive line

TheRealist likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Good point. It probably could have worked but the O was out of sync all night.

6. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

I actually thought that the D played as well as we could have expected them to, barring a couple of times, considering how bad the offense was, and how bad the special teams were. They aren't a great D, but I was not expecting that due to the fact that they are all holdovers from Chavis' D, which is drastically undersized for the style of play in the SEC, particularly against a team like Bama.

Les has destroyed any creativity that might have existed in Cam's offense. When Cam first got there, we spread it out like crazy, and were running from passing formations, passing from running formations, etc (go back and watch the film on the TCU game for an example of what Cam's offense should look like). We did that for a few games and then got back to Les ball from there. At the time, when Les was pressed about this in an interview, he stated that we didn't want to show too much of our playbook, and that was that. We still had a great offensive season after that, but that was due to us having NFL caliber QB and WR's, not because the play calling was creative. Some, or many, of you might remember that when Gary Crowton first got there, it was much the same. All of a sudden our offense was dynamic (go back and watch the game against Va Tech his first season as OC for an example). Then, after a few games, we went into a shell and though we were still a productive offense, we were not dynamic in regards to play calling and did little to mix things up. The constant in both of those is that once Les sees the offense in action, he starts to exert his influence and the offense becomes more bland and predictable. He can't help it. It is his nature.

I went into this game hoping to win, but not thinking that we would. We are young, due to the continued mass exodus of Juniors who realize that Les can recruit, but not coach, and therefore we are a year away, perpetually so it seems. I can remember having conversations with players on the team in the season following Saban's departure and the hiring of Les. They liked Les as a man, but did not respect him as a coach. When he was being recruited by Michigan, they said openly that as long as we kept Moffitt as the Strength Coach and Pellini as the DC we would be fine. They weren't really interested in keeping Les.

As for the rest, I agree.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Same here, they hung in there, kept getting the ball back to the O only to see that idiot and his buddy cam run left run right run middle

8. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

I would also add that, in spite of themselves, Verne and Gary were correct at the beginning of the game when they said that this comes down to coaches who have different philosophies of coaching. One is a strategist and the other believes in passion. The problem is two-fold: 1) Saban can motivate also; and, 2) Les is not nearly as good of a motivator as he thinks he is. I witnessed several pre-game and post-game speeches from 2005 - 2007 seasons, and the manner in which he speaks in an interview is exactly how he speaks in a pre or post-game speech.

There are certainly things l like about Les that I don't about Nick: Nick is a jerk who burns his players out and is not afraid to lie openly and blatantly. Les is a good man and I believe he runs as clean of a program as he possibly can given the circumstances surrounding big time college FB. Les also mixes in his RB's so that they are not burned out when they get to the NFL and can actually have a decent career. I respect that. When Nick walked into the weight room during a lifting session, the entire team was silent because they were afraid of him. That does not happen with Les, and I prefer that. Players should respect their coach, but not be afraid of them. Les is not afraid to boot players off the team when he has to, even very good ones, and I respect that.

At the end of the day though, Nick is simply a better coach, though I believe Les to be a better man.

9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

got caught up wondering if Leslie could disgust me any further. Then his qb throws a pass under pressure to a offensive lineman and he giggles like a little school girl. At that point I realized the ceiling has still not been reached.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Great coaches don't giggle