What "Sweets" did you have today?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUTiga, Oct 15, 2007.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I have always loved those! Coke and Root Beer are my favorites. It is tough to find them around these parts though.

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

The root beer ones are my least favorite.

If you pm me an address I'll send you a couple of boxes. One condition, if you win the mud wrestling match you can't feed them to SabanFan. Dude prefers grapes anyway- seedless too, doesn't get in his dentures.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

and again. made one a few weeks ago, making one today.

i am having some wicked cravings lately.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

BBDC: Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate.

I intercepted the walmart bag as they came home from the store.

That stuff doesn't last a day around my house, (wife, 18, 13 and 12 year olds) and me with diabetes. I can only have a little and if I take my medicine and become hypoglycemic, it becomes infuriating. I can't eat sweets and can't keep them around the house for emergencies. My family always finds my chocolate stashes. So there's nothing but sugar pills for me for those moments when I actually NEED chocolate candy or ice cream and have the opportunity to eat it...really tics me off.

I swear, I'd to try to stash some in an empty frozen broccoli bag. But if I eat BBDC that tastes like broccoli when I'm hypoglycemic I'll probably REALLY go postal.

You diabetics out there understand... one major side effect of hypoglycemia is extreme anger...especially when aggravated by broccoli flavored, tainted chocolate ice cream. That's why I'm afraid to hide it like that.

5. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

gummie bears...always a a good choice

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

SKOR candy bar. I have one about every 3 months or so. Dang those things are good.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I have my National Junior Honor Society induction ceremony tonight. The 8th grade members provide the refreshments for the reception that follows. Sitting in my room at this moment is a cart laden with homemade brownies and cookies.

I don't what will be harder today: keeping my students from raiding the cart or keeping myself from raiding it.

8. OkieTigerTK

i say raid it before they get the chance so you can get the good stuff! :grin:

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

So far, I've tried a chocolate-frosted brownie and a chocolate chunk cookie. But that's it. I'm done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll also have four cakes at the reception tonight, but I absolutely HATE bakery cake, so it won't even tempt me, even though I'm buying it, picking it up, and cleaning it up after the ceremony.

10. OkieTigerTK

uh huh. right. i believe you. how many hours left in your day for you to sit there looking at them. cookies calling your name....

staceeeeeey...... over heeeeere........ :grin: