What Should We Expect Game 1

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I didn’t read every post so this may have been said, but the edge we have is the unknown. We are worried about what kind of offense we will see, but what is Miami prepared for? They don’t know either. They will be just as rusty and confused until they figure out what we are doing, advantage LSU offense. On the other side of the ball we know what they have, film from last year. Richt is predictable which is why he flattens out over time, advantage LSU D. I like our chances if we can execute. Drop passes and turnovers will kill us otherwise I think we have the advantage. We play a clean game we win.

This is LSU DAMMIT, we party for Hurricanes!!!

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think that philosophy is a winning philosophy though more often than not, and I also think it’s the only way you can win when your offense isn’t very good. And you’re right, I don’t know if it’s gonna be good or not, I’m just speculating.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

You left out converting on third downs. When did short/intermediate pass plays on 1rst/2nd become not conservative? Think we are all just too used to Milesball.

lsu-i-like and Bengal B like this.
  4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

My buddy and I were talking about LSU last night. Full disclosure he is a Tea Sipping Texas fan but huge fan of Coach O. Told me to check out the Pardon My Take Podcast on Ed Orgeron. Said he wanted to run through a wall after listening to it. (I haven’t listened yet but will soon and wanted to share)

Anyhow, he asked what I thought LSU was going to look like this year and I honestly couldn’t answer him. I told him if I had to guess I would say typical LSU. A badass defense and an offense facing a stacked box until thy can back teams up by throwing the football. A team with enough talent to out-muscle their way to several wins and struggle against the teams who can match our muscle and athleticism. I don’t think Miami can.

I’m expecting a pro style offense that might take a while to gel and find its niche. A lot is riding on how well our O-line protects our QB and opens holes for our RB.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Why not? They fired Miles.

unclenick likes this.
  6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

To me, the reason this happens has to do with the type of talent the LHSAA produces year in and year out. Historically, Louisiana high schools produce top notch running backs, DEs, and WRs...we don't produce elite passing QBs (at least not like we did in the 1960s and early 1970s).

When we "put a fence around the state" recruiting-wise, we seal our fate to more or less be a run dominated / strong defensive front team with underutilized WRs. Only relatively recently did we really become 'DBU'.

Same shit, different year.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

The one thing that comforts me is that I know, win or lose, we'll all still have each other, here.

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Lmao

65Grad, GiantDuckFan and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

the-human-heart-1-638.jpg

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Not really the image conjured up in my mind but I'm open.