What Should We Expect Game 1

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Aug 20, 2018.

1. didit

didit Veteran Member

Why is it assumed that we lost to the war chickens when we beat them last year and we got better on both lines... They also lost players, including their starting rb... As far as Miami, I think our first play called will be a deep ball just to get them thinking... Oh, and we'll win the game... Geaux

2. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

If you suggest we 'lube' up our attack, I'm outta here.

3. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

LSU 17 Miami 9

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I expect a very conservative offensive, maybe just maybe a gimmick but run to set up play action, play defense and the field position game. Hope to wear out the opponent by the end of the 3rd and 4th and put them away.

Basically Les Miles’ offensive philosophy it just may look a little different and be a little more diverse.

That’s what i expect the game plan to be, honestly I have no idea what’s gonna transpire.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Higher. Our Defense will get us one TD.

LSU_4_LIFE and BayouBengal014 like this.
  6. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

24-9 LSU

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I would be disappointed with that. Too conservative keeps your opponents within striking distance. If Eaux pulls a Miles this year... I guess if he wins we can’t fire him, but I’ll be disheartened.

I’m also pretty tired of having no idea what to expect, it’s been that way for years with Miles lying every offseason about bringing the offense into the modern era.

Brian, Bengal B and Winston1 like this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

LaSalle means well, his prediction stems from lack of confidence in the coaching.

I see our offense open and dynamic. The biggest mysteries will be whether the running game will be effective and whether Burreaux has the moxie to get er done. OL and WR will be strengths.

I expect us to come out firing and try to catch their D off guard. We’ll be more successful early than late in the game, but the offense will score 27, and the D will only give up 6. That’s right 27-6 final after a 21-3 halftime jaunt.:)

lsu-i-like and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It’s Orgeron’s job to win. I don’t think this offense is dynamic enough to just come out guns a blazing. I know I’ve also beat this horse to death but our head coach and offensive coordinator probably would not have their current positions anywhere else in the country so I don’t see them all the sudden just turning into coaching versions of Kurt Warner. The recipie for victory is protect the ball and let your D and special teams win the field position game... fuck you know what it looks like we’ve been doing it forever.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

What I don't understand, though, is why people think it will be more of the same that they saw w/CLM for 10+ years? Oeaux was a defensive coach for 2 years under CLM, and CSE was a TE coach who was a former OC that CLM never even entertained to be involved in the offensive scheme. What about that makes people think the offense will not be different?

Additionally, the 3/4 season that Oeaux had CSE be the OC, the offense looked light years different... a better different. Granted the talent at RB was above this years, but still, the playcalling, execution of spreading the OL out a bit/shifts, using the RB screen, etc, etc, etc was all different from CLMs philosophy and years.

Last years hybrid Canada/Oeaux offense was an anomaly that won't be repeated this year, so I'm expecting an offense that looks more like the second half of 2016, than last years, or the CLM years, personally. That's why I think we'll catch UM off guard early, and actually score some points, then things will settle down a bit, but our D will carry us from that point.