What Should We Expect Game 1

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Aug 20, 2018.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Hope QB can process the field and make quick decisions to help oline (that was an issue last year and something McMillian seemed to be better at than Brennan).

Supposed to see short/medium passing game, which should help things a great deal.

If offense can have more sustained drives, that should help the D significantly.

STs should be much improved, if it isn’t Eaux should be fired. Improved STs should make a big difference.

OL sounds like it’s still trying to find itself and WRs will need to come to play since we don’t have a bruising back (Sullivan should help there). If passing game is competent I expect RBs to be able to provide enough balance to have a damn strong team.

Brian likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The hole is Miami. The train is....

[​IMG]

3. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Defense is gonna be good. Offense is gonna be terrible. Same as it ever was. 8-4. We maybe beat Miami, but lose at Auburn

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

If Burrow is as good as I think he is or Brennan has arrived as a QB than your prognostication will be wrong. Also putting E as OC was the right move.

Let's see what happens.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Sexual overtones abound!

6. Guido Merkins

I hope you are right. I really do.

But don't we have this same conversation every year?? Except unlike years where we knew we had a stud O Line and one or two NFL RBs in the backfield, I'm not sure we even have that this year.

And the talk about how good the WRs are...we have that conversation every year too. Then they come out, show some flashes with little actual production....that is, until they get to the NFL when they receive good coaching

All we can do is wait, but I can't help but think about the definition of insanity when reading some of the sunny prognostications

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't think the offense will be terrible. Maybe not great but not turrible,turrible turrible. We don't have to average 50 points a game to win. With our defense we can win a lot of games if we can score in the upper 20's. Id Fulton is as good as they say the defense will be great.

Brian, ParadiseiNC and Winston1 like this.
  8. Guido Merkins

And as far as Burrow, I can't help but think that if he was THAT great, he'd be the QB for Ohio State....

9. Guido Merkins

We say this every year too....Oh, the offense doesn't have to be great.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Burrow doesn't have to be great. He just has to be good. I think he will be better than what we have had. None of us here have seen him practice unless @bhelmLSU has so the first look will be in Jerry World.

ParadiseiNC and didit like this.