What Reel Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by TigerBait3, Aug 27, 2009.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Me too, I don't fish often enough anymore to justify a pricey rig. Right now I don't even own a boat.

2. wpak

wpak Founding Member

I mostly use my Abu Garcia Black max I also have an ambassador. and about 5 random spinning reels for people without gear.

At work I use a penn senator 113, and a penn 309. I'll be upgrading to a Senetor 114 highspeed reel soon. Its going to be great to catch more than 1 or 2 big ones and not be just pooped

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Pooping out can be a good thing if you are not the pooper (or poopee)

7 or 8 years ago me and a couple of friends went on a night charter trip out of Cocodrie with Captain Mike Ledet on his 26 foot Stamas powered by twin Yamaha 250's. We had intended to make a speck trip but the weather said otherwise, so we ended up going to Lake Barre and fishing for bull reds that night. I don't remember what kind of reels we were using but between me, my 2 friends, Mike and the deckhand we had a limit of 25 redfish. One of my friends caught 2 before pooping out and falling asleep in the cuddy cabin. My other friend caught 5 before pooping out.

That left me to catch the remaining 18 redfish of our limit. I still have the biggest one, a 41 pounder, on my wall. I was totally burnt out from fighting all those big fish but it was worth it.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Good mid range rigs, I have several.

5. cajun_tiger

cajun_tiger Founding Member

calcutta/ugly stick combo

6. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

Shimano Chronarch for bass is hard to beat. I like Ambassadeurs or Penns for saltwater. Spinning reels I like Shimano.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When the ugly sticks first came out they used to do these commercials on TV where a guy would bend an ugly stick all the way around to show that it was unbreakable. One day a friend and I were in a K Mart store and when my friend saw an ugly stick he remarked that the price was pretty high for such a small rod. I said that was because its an ugly stick. Its unbreakable. Then I picked one up and bent it around just like the guy on TV did it. It snapped in half.

8. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Did you have to pay for it? :grin:

Or did you run away? :shock:

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I left the store immediately without buying whatever I went there to get. Of course, if the store had insisted that I pay for it I could have tuned right around and gotten my money back because the Ugly Sticks were guaranteed to be unbreakable

1 person likes this.
  10. cajun_tiger

cajun_tiger Founding Member

lol. thats awsome.