What meds do you take?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, Oct 24, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's done all the time, and really the only difference between meth and adderral or vyvanse is one is made by a company in a lab the other by a guy like Walter white.

2. LaSalleAve

Whose right is it for any of us to tell anyone what they can an cannot do to themselves? If pain pills get you through the day and keep you productive who gives a shit, same thing for meth and anything else. As long as people aren't infringing upon people's rights which about 70 percent of the people in jail for drugs don't ( a number that would be higher if the shit was legal) what are we doing here besides fueling a prison population?

fanatic likes this.
  3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I agree with you about weed but let's not pretend like meth and coke and heroin addicts don't infringe on other people. From their inevitable health costs, to crimes that occur by people that are high or are trying to get high. Drug addicts are not contributing members of society and they have to survive somehow so it becomes incumbent on those that don't use. You can't lump hard drugs in with weed. It's a different animal.

LSUTyga73 and Cajun Sensation like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

Alcohol and Tobacco kill more people, and cost more from a health standpoint than all those other drugs combined.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

So do you agree that those drugs infringe on others? The thing about alcohol and tobacco is that they can be consumed socially, like weed. There are no social meth heads or heroin users. No one shooting heroin is happy about it. Same with meth. So I would argue that weed tobacco and alcohol have a less detrimental effect as a percentage of its users. And, it's not as if we don't have laws against alcohol and tobacco. Tobacco can't be smoked in public places damn near anywhere any more. You consume too much alcohol and you're arrested. Drink and drive, and your arrested. There are limits with Alcohol and Tobacco you cannot cross. With Meth and Heroin, no one just takes a little hit to take the edge off. They're highly addictive, highly powerful and highly dangerous. Once again, you can't lump them all into one category.

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

The real issue is that drug addicts need to be treated the same as alcoholics... as people with a sickness to be treated. Putting them in prison only costs us money and locks them into the drug abuse cycle. Decriminalizing drugs and give people the option to do rehab instead of prison.

tirk and KyleK like this.
  7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I want to party with these dudes:

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Can't imagine anyone deliberately doing that to themselves. Where's the fun in that? The chick was worse than the dude. What was that think she was doing with her arms. Funny thing is, you can still hear the dude yelling in the background.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'd just want to grab a beer, a lawn chair and sit back and watch.

What idiots.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I think I saw where that was staged.