What is your game day superstition?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by southerntgr, Nov 1, 2011.

1. southerntgr

southerntgr Veteran Member

Come on you know you have them? What is the thing you have to do to assure a win.

I usually wear my real women don't date bama fans t-shirt but my aunt bought me the LSU/Bama game day shirt (winner takes all). I will be wearing the LSU/Bama shirt and if that fails I am switching shirts!:geaux:

1 person likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I have a yellow bandanna that I must have in my back pocket for every game. I also have a pair of purple vans I used to wear, but every time I wore them LSU did terrible. In fact the last time I wore them was LSU and Ole Miss in 2006 at Tiger Stadium, LSU sucked, played crappy the entire game, and then my wife spilled a drink on my shoes, all of the sudden Jamarcus Hits Early Doucet on a long pass play, and we end up in a tie with a win in overtime.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I only wear my LSU class ring on game days.

4. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

I drink.
    Actually, I guess I really don't have any superstitions regarding LSU. Just win baby!

1 person likes this.
  5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I have an LSU flag on my house that hasn't been taken down since week one. It never comes down until we lose.
    My wife took it down for about 15 minutes the week of Auburn and I had a cardiac. She said "Its raining" I ran outside and put it back up. I think I returned it quick enough where it only effected us in the 1st half.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I don't watch it, I tape game if on.

I might check near end of first half, but normally when I tune in, we fumble or give up a big play. It has happened too many times for it not to be 100% true. Geaux Tigers

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

My superstition is to abandon all belief in superstitions. After we beat #1 Florida in '97, I did virtually everything the same including shirt/drinks/etc for the Ole Miss game the following week and then we suffered that humiliating loss.

The early kickoff for that Ole Miss game may have had something to do with the loss but I don't think my shirt did.

I always enjoy calling my dad about a half-hour before kickoff and halftime when possible just to get his thoughts. Not really a superstition but more of a good habit.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I wear a shirt until it loses. So far this season, my '11 shirt is undefeated!

9. Eq4bits

Eq4bits (Deep East) Texas Tiger

Wear my 'death valley' purple t-shirt and any of my lsu pajama pants... my lsu gnome is centered on the bottom front of tv pedestal, my lsu 'granny' cheerleader is sitting on the satellite receiver shelf, tv mute is on, desktop comp is 'tuned' to geaux zone audio and loud enough to hear easily in living room from the office, laptop browser has chatroom pulled up. My LSU flag is out from the start of season through to the end. Oh, and a tall glass of iced Firefly sweet tea flavored vodka nearby to sip on.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

:lol: lil twit.

Oh and we need a pic of you in your shirt.

PJ's? Even if it's an afternoon game?

I don't have any superstitions. I'm a very holy man and believing in superstition is a gross irreverence for God...sacrilegious. We win because we're some bad mutha phuckers.