What is your feeling about Trump?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DeeDee, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

sarcasm, meh,.. biased, you mindlessly dismiss her. Open your eyes, Trump gets wackier everyday,.. he's slipping I tell you
    donald told you to say that, good dog

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I’ve read about half so far. First impression is that THERE WAS NO COLLUSION with Russia. Trump and his team didn’t expect to win. They thought they were going to lose up until election night. They were planning to use the campaign as a means to make more money, a new news network among other things.
    That isn’t to say the Russians didn’t interfere they did but Trump and his team had nothing to do with it.
    What it does show is Trump is at best limited in capacity and interest to do the job. I’ll go deeper as I read but never has someone so unprepared and so lacking been put in such a position.

4. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

In what we have seen from DT over the years, before he was running for President, I don't believe he didn't expect to win. Hi ego is so large, that he would have been unable to think of anything but winning. And remember, the book was written by someone with an agenda, someone who admitted that these were his perceptions. I wouldn't take everything as fact.

5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I haven't, have you read any of the book? The large-ego who's denying it's content has an agenda too you know. I don't think we should accept team Trump's spin on this. donald belittles the author as being someone irrelevant, sorta like what he said about Manafort and Flynn and Popodopofalafolous. What about Steve Bannon? a close friend, adviser and confidant of Trump for years, now the spin coming from Trump is "sloppy Steve" was nobody too. When has the Don ever admitted the truth,.. about anything?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  6. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

All I can think of is 1970s George Steinbrenner back when he was firing his manager every five minutes and constantly criticizing his players.

stevescookin and GiantDuckFan like this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The thing that I keep coming back to is professional wrestling. We have Enzo Amore as president.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@dachsie I understand your points and they’re reasonable. First and very important is that Wolfe did have an agenda and it wasn’t pro Trump in any way. However Trump was already laying the ground to explain his loss. He was pushing voter fraud and ‘deep state’ interference. He also did nothing to prep for a win. Maybe Bannon had an inkling over the last weeks but I believe that part of the book.
    Most of the rest I’ve read is in line with what I heard prior to, during and since his run and election. There is nothing but myth and hype beyond the fact he is a fantastic self promoter and a NYC developer. He’s never run a large complex organization in spite of the $ it does.
    There’s more to read and I will look at it skeptically.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

The funny thing about Steve Bannon is he imagines himself as another Karl Rove and he is no where near that

Winston1 and stevescookin like this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Ruff Ruff
    459785-dogs-crazy-pug.jpg

GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.