What is your "Crack" Food?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by KyleK, Dec 15, 2011.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

When we're going to Baton Rouge, we just jet on through. When my girls were really little, we did actually have to stop several times. But these days (they're 10 and 7), I burn rubber, and they don't mind--what with Nintendo DS's and iTouches and my younger one's Squinkies collection. The McDonald's is strictly for them. Yuck.

My Bunko buddy is likely related to you, then.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Me too mostly, but I do know all of the best BBQ joints, diners, deli's, Taquieros, and home-style lunch places along all the routes that I frequent. No fast food for me.

It's hard for me to drive through east texas on 20 without stopping at Bodacious Barbecue at the Tyler or Kilgore exits. Although Crazy Bobs at Kilgore ain't bad.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

there is a bodacious qqb just outside of paris, texas. i am often tempted, but like stacey, i am trying to set world records for how fast i can make that drive. i may have to try it some day. if i can bring myself to slow down long enough.

i hate stopping unless absolutely necessary. and i dont like mcdonalds. i usually throw a ham sandwich in the cooler and have it for lunch on the drive down.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Back in my young and dumb days I had a very fast car and lots of nerve. Lisa and I made it from BR to Irving in 4 hours 45 min. This was also when I-49 was not open from Boyce to Lake End. That has to be some sort of record, right Okie? :)

5. OkieTigerTK

might beat mine. :D

i used to make that drive before i-49 was open. i often made it in the middle of the night to try to avoid the logging trucks. get behind one of those for miles, and it was a royal pita!

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Right now being in South Florida with island food all around, it's Jamaican Curry Chicken with Rice and Peas. Extra curry gravy on the rice and peas, please.

Right behind that is Jerk Chicken.

Right behind that is Haitian fried turkey with black rice and peas with red gravy.

7. OkieTigerTK

bacon.

and in the summer, when i have fresh tomatoes right off the vine, bacon and tomato sandwiches.

heck, just plain ol' vine ripened tomatoes are crack. i usually have a cherry tomato plant or two. the little sweet 100 tomatoes are better than candy. wash a handful of those and life is good. sometimes i dont even make it inside. wash em with the garden hose and chow on em while i'm working outside~!

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That was me when I was younger. These days I am less obsessed with schedule and more with the achievement of maximum slack. I try to stop and smell the brisket more often.

I now stop every two hours or so to gas up, grab a bite, whiz, or get a cup of coffee. If I don't have a good reason, I just stop and walk around for 10 minutes. It keeps me more alert, keeps my old trick knee from getting stiff, and I can drive long days without becoming fatigued.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I've been a lazy one all day.

10. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

My cherry tomatoes only see the garden hose and my mouth.

They NEVER make it inside my house.