What is your "Crack" Food?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by KyleK, Dec 15, 2011.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

really setting the bar up high, aren't you? ;)

2. CaseyLSU

CaseyLSU Founding Member

My cousin found some sunflower seeds at her local grocery store that have been seasoned with crab boil.

I meant to pick some up when I was home, but totally forgot. Wanted to try them! I think they're called Swamp Seeds.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Boiled peanuts... no spice, just salt. My grandfather grew peanuts on his farm so we had a ready supply when I was growing up. He used to sell them and catalpa worms (bait) to a little store in Baker.

4. KyleK

I love boiled peanuts. I cook jambalaya and gumbo at lots of festivals and have started adding boiled peanuts to the mix. I was doing a small festival a little while back and brought some boiled peanuts just for personal consumption. I sat them on a table while I was unpacking. Two different people actually argued over who was gonna buy them. Ever since, I have sold every one I've boiled.

Pretty cool that jambalaya, gumbo, and now peanuts are going to put my kids through college!

5. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I love the peanuts too, unsalted and hot in a brown paper bag.....I'm also currently addicted to baked Kale with Tony's sprinkled on top....could eat that till I explode.

6. KyleK

How do you fix it? Sounds intriguing. Wouldn't it just wilt though?

7. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

The first time I heard about it I was skeptical too.....heat your oven to 400, just put the Kale on a pan (no need for anything on the pan), spread it out so it's not all on top of each other......bake it for about 10 mins. Take it out and sprinkle Tony's on top and enjoy. It's like Potato chips almost but it's one of the healthiest things for you they say.....let me know if you try it.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

the kale idea sounds decent. i always think of kale as the healthiest item in the world, followed closely by spinach.

my favorite food is fresh bread. unfortunately i think it is very very unhealthy. now i am to the point where i have trinaed myself to avoid it and to feel guilty when eating it.

9. KyleK

That just makes it better, doesn't it?

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I do not. They are slimy. Give me roasted peanuts any day.