What is the rapture talk about??

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bud Lee, May 20, 2011.

1. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

CS...can zombies swim? I really need a confirmation on that.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

No, so when the sh*t pops off, head to the Morganza.

....and shave your creepy mustache.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

one source says he knows when the world ends, another says you cant know, how do i know which to trust?

4. Bud Lee

Trust the bible...not some wacko's interpretation of it.

Cool, I'll be in my kayak in the flood waters outside my place at 6:00 with my sits on the cemetery next to my house...just in case. If they don't come I'll pop a beer and go for a float.

But my lady likes it :D

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

More like 5 months. What I read said that Jesus arrives tomorrow and takes "The Righteous" (about 3 percent of the population) to heaven. The rest of us (you?) have to endure 5 months of cataclysmic events before the end of the world on October 21. At least, that's what I read.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

According to World War Z some float and sink. Years after the victory of humans over the zombies there would still be isolated breakouts when a swarm of zombies would wash up on shore en masse.

And to answer your questions you should always be prepared for a zombie apocolypse. My house has a three entry attic, so I have some sweet escape routes.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Nah, but they do walk on the bottom like the Pirates of the Caribbean. Then they reach up and GRAB YOU!!!

8. Bud Lee

Cool...I'll get my stuff ready. I've been preparing for the zombies ever since I've watched zombieland.

That schite might work in the sea...but that be some strong current in the river.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Is the Rapture happening at a particular time, or just sometime tomorrow? Hurry and respond b/c I'm trying to plan my weekend.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

First, this dude's claim is not based on faith. It is based on a calculation which can be tested from an empirical stand point. Taking that approach it is flawed.

Second, to have faith in one thing is not the same as admitting that all faiths are equally possible or valid. We can certainly know a faith is not true or is based on error and misunderstanding. For example the Sola Scriptura theology states that the Bible is the sole basis for articles of faith. This fails a logical analysis because there is not one verse in any of the books at the Bible that states this to be the case. We can also use empirical tests to demonstrate errors in various faiths. An example of this is bibilical interpretations are proven to be incorrectt by science.

1 person likes this.