What is the buyout for Orgeron and how did we get ourselves in this predicament?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 23, 2017.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

That remains to be seen. In the meantime the LSU AD seems determined to make the game day experience for fans as expensive and infuriating as possible while adding no value to it. All of which people might put up with if the product on the field was watchable. When it's not, there are simply too many options today for people to invest basically an entire day of time and energy to watch LSU play shitty football against shitty teams in TS. All the while having to pay for the TS expansion and for Les to sit on his butt (and more likely than not Orgeron, too, in the near future). LSU is looking at pissing away a LOT of money if they don't right the ship in the next 2-3 years.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

You didnt see this coming in New Orleans..........I did, and have said it many times.

3. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

This is ridiculous, but I'm not surprised. I admit I can be emotional after a game, but this is on another level. Am I sold on O, no I'm not. However, if we look to fire him after a 3-1 start after just firing a coach last year where do you people think we are going to find a coach? Who? I agree, the leash is fairly short, but give him a damn chance. He had a program that lost it's focus and poor recruiting over the last few years. It's an uphill battle for any coach.

LSU_4_LIFE, lsu-i-like and Rouxleaux like this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

@Taint thinks we would have made a championship run last year if Miles wasn't fired. True story.

ParadiseiNC and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

And that is why have that dude on ignore. I can’t deal with that much crazy.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

He is shit-house rat crazy.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Money is not there to fire another coach before 2019. Painful perhaps. Reality for sure.

8. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Sabans track record at Michigan State? He lost to a 4 loss Gerry Dinardo team in the Independence bowl.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Why do we have to keep doing this?? Saban was good at Michigan St, a school that will always be 2nd best in football in their own state to Michigan. Furthermore, if Saban had no track record or a bad track record at Michigan St, what do you think of Orgeron's track record at Ole Miss?? Or are we ignoring that?? It's fine if we are, because our AD certainly did...

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

10 years removed. Y'all are thick.

ParadiseiNC likes this.